Wiring options for loft conversion sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still on with my loft conversion. Whilst I have all plaster removed and floorboards up, I want to route some cable for the sockets to the loft. I have attached two options for wiring to the sockets. Are both OK? Apologies for the quality of the drawing, but it is not a bad attempt considering it is done in Word then pasted into paint.

Sponsored Links
Out of the two diagrams, the wiring in the second (bottom) one is the only correct way of doing it. You can't create a second 'ring' off a ring final as shown in the first drawing.

Or you could go with the first diagram and the socket that is between the two rings in the (figure eight) position can have one of the legs removed! Like you have shown in the second diagram. If it is easier to reach the other socket!

The socket would then become a spur off the ring, if you know what I mean!

BTW, what will be the total floor area covered by the ring final once extend in this way?

V

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all for the info.

Either of the two proposed options would be OK for me as there is still clear access to all wires and sockets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back