Woke act comes in to force in Scotland

Its early days just because a high profile case scares off the police don't think that they will take the easy route elsewhere with someone less well known.
And don't think they will take the hard route with others. Let's see.
Remember this it the government who could not build a couple of ferries so why does anyone think they have the capacity to deliver primary legislation? Said legislation does not once mention female as a protected characteristic and their response when challenged was they would bring this in. How may years are the ferries over due now?
The SNP are useless.

Sponsored Links
Umm I fear the outcome where only 2/3 rds of Police have had a measly 2 hour online training course on the new legislation. Even more concerning is when challenged the politicians say its up to the police to ascertain the level of offence.

I think that might actually be down to the courts after the Procurator Fiscal has had their input.

What you said was that the new legislation is already in place. It isn't.
I'll post your quote again for you because you appear to be under a misunderstanding about what you said:

There was no indication in your comment that suggested the new legislation was a figment of your vivid imagination. You commented on new legislation,
There is no such new legislation. You were were posting fake news.
Deary DEARY me ...

Let me try to explain, again.

When I posted those statements, starting with 'the new legislation ...' I was inferring the sort of statements that could be made in the future if we continue down this ridiculous road. I wasn't suggesting they were statements currently made.

Hope that's cleared up any confusion for you, if not, let's leave it there ;)

Its early days just because a high profile case scares off the police don't think that they will take the easy route elsewhere with someone less well known.

Remember this it the government who could not build a couple of ferries so why does anyone think they have the capacity to deliver primary legislation? Said legislation does not once mention female as a protected characteristic and their response when challenged was they would bring this in. How may years are the ferries over due now?
JKR has said if other women are targeted under this legislation, she'll repeat what they said and the police can arrest both of them. She's doubling down if that's the right phrase to use and good on her.

"If they go after any woman for simply calling a man a man, I'll repeat that woman's words and they can charge us both at once."

And before any of you start moaning about 'where's the source?!?' here it is to keep your citation faces straight:

Sponsored Links
I think that might actually be down to the courts after the Procurator Fiscal has had their input.
There's no "think" about it. The courts will ultimately decide.

It may turn out to be a crock of sh!t, I just think it's a bit early to decide.

Deary DEARY me ...

Let me try to explain, again.

When I posted those statements, starting with 'the new legislation ...' I was inferring the sort of statements that could be made in the future if we continue down this ridiculous road. I wasn't suggesting they were statements currently made.

Hope that's cleared up any confusion for you, if not, let's leave it there ;)
It was pretty obvious what you was saying, yet it went right over space hoppers head.

JKR has said if other women are targeted under this legislation, she'll repeat what they said and the police can arrest both of them. She's doubling down if that's the right phrase to use and good on her.

"If they go after any woman for simply calling a man a man, I'll repeat that woman's words and they can charge us both at once."

And before any of you start moaning about 'where's the source?!?' here it is to keep your citation faces straight:

And from that very same source.

Earlier, Dr Nick McKerrell, a senior law lecturer at Glasgow Caledonian University, told BBC Radio Scotland's Drivetime he thought it was unlikely that Ms Rowling would be prosecuted.
He told the programme: "On balance I think she probably won't be prosecuted because the test in the legislation states that you have to be threatening and abusive to someone with your language which essentially means that you have to cause them fear and alarm.
"I think it's close to the edge but I don't think, as it stands, those communications do that.
"Also, within the law, there is a protection for being offensive or shocking in your language and I think it could fall into that category of being offensive and shocking, but not in the realm of criminality."
The lecturer added: "There is a test for stirring up hatred, which the courts have recognised. It's quite a high level to stir up hatred.
"So any group that thinks this law is going to lower that is wrong."

There's no "think" about it. The courts will ultimately decide.

It may turn out to be a crock of sh!t, I just think it's a bit early to decide.
The real issue is that by this time the poor sod will have bee dragged through the prosecution process, vilified by the press and their life ruined. All from a paltry 2 hour online training for a hopefully less than dim PC.

Some form south of the border Link

The real issue is that by this time the poor sod will have bee dragged through the prosecution process, vilified by the press and their life ruined. All from a paltry 2 hour online training for a hopefully less than dim PC.

Some form south of the border Link
So you are asking for more, and better trained police. I agree with you on that.

Never ask a policeman / woman for observations of the law is a common phrase.

Yes always better trained and supported police but firstly lets get the legislation right and support from the politicians. For a politician to suggest a PC is there to define the meaning of very poorly drafted legislation is perverse.

For a politician to suggest a PC is there to define the meaning of very poorly drafted legislation is perverse.
You really think it will be a PC who decides? I'm not saying it won't all go wrong, but give it a chance. There isn't that much of a difference to existing legislation.

Once it's decided there are grounds for arrest, which is then a referral to the Procurator Fiscal.

PC plod isn't going to arrest someone on his/her say so, this will be through a complaint to the "police".

You mean people to frightened to say anything in case they get grassed up.

Sponsored Links
Back