Women's football, still a long way behind?

Compare is when you want car insurance

Sponsored Links
Given the choice, I’d rather watch the woman’s beach volleyball than the mens………

That's funny it must be something about the sand.
I'd rather watch women Top less bathing than Men top less bathing.

Id much prefer playing Frisby with the girls also

Same same

That's funny it must be something about the sand.
I'd rather watch women Top less bathing than Men top less bathing.

Id much prefer playing Frisby with the girls also

Same same
It's good that you are noticing women are different to men. Well done you.

Before too long you may even realise the ridiculousness of the thread title.

Sponsored Links
Men & women are different. Whilst there seems to be a lot of pressure applied to make people think that we are all equal, unless you accept the fact that men & women are different then the natural balance & harmony between the sexes will never happen.

It is a source of great amusement to me that those applying the pressure to attempt to force the world to accept that women are the equals of men are actually helping to divide us further apart.

Womens football, like any womens sport, is so far behind the mens game in so many ways, that I wonder at the true motive of anyone wishing to promote it to make me believe that it comes anywhere near the level of the mens game.

Womens football is in your heads simply because your tellyvideo source of entertainment desperately needs an alternative to the very expensive rights to broadcast the mens game. When you finally realise & begin to understand that it has more to do with the economics of the advertising market than it does about true sport, then maybe the world can finally begin to understand & accept the differences between us.

There you go chaps & chapesses, lots of things to think about & lots of soundbites to misquote me on.
Womens football is like womens boxing or wrestling, it is just a novelty.

Depends why you watch any sport? Many reasons..
You can cheer on your side, whatever sport it is.
Unless there's a horse, the testosterone thing overwhelms.

I used to hate women's tennis, it was always pat-a-cake by comparison. in the days of Margaret Court. It got a lot better when Navratilova and Graff came along, then the Williams sisters. Women's football is something like that - I mean it's a differently played game but if you want the greatest skills, watch the men. If too many passes are all missing their target and they're only the world's best for their sex, it gets annoying.

Since the ancient Greeks people have been spectators to ogle at the bodies on show, but it's getting bad when women are fined for wearing shorts instead of bikinis. (Norway, beach volleyball)

One thing I saw which bothered me:
Women only car racing: Why?
"W Series drivers are selected purely on their ability and the series’ cars are mechanically identical, which means that W Series races and championships will be won by the most talented drivers, rather than those with the wealthiest backers."
But, women only. A contradiction if there ever was!

RIP Sabine Schmidt.

Womens football is like womens boxing or wrestling, it is just a novelty.
Perhaps women enjoy watching it (or not) too, novelty or otherwise. I'm not really interested in club cricket nor am I waiting for any of those club cricket matches to 'catch up' with the international games. That would be rather silly.

Let me know how much of a novelty it is after a female pro-boxer gives you a left hook.;)
You obviously haven't met my wife.

Having said that, any man who wants to watch 2 women beating the crap out of each other, is either sick, or a pervert.

You obviously haven't met my wife.

Having said that, any man who wants to watch 2 women beating the crap out of each other, is either sick, or a pervert.
Why is it different from watching men doing it? Are you OK with tthat?

Plus, Women in the sport aren't as likely to get as badly injured as men.

I wouldn't say it's getting more air time than the men's game but wait 'til November and you'll see how the game should be played.;)
The wimmin's game still looks like a League One/Two standard and none of 'em can find a goalkeeper worth a damn. I have nothing against their right to play and as many people support it, fair play, but i can't find any enthusiasm at all for their knees-bent-running-about.
The women are playing the game better than the men.
1. You don't see the women having pathetic handbags at 10 paces with each other
2. The women don't roll around for 10 minutes after every tackle
3. The women don't argue with referees
I could go on

Sponsored Links
Back