Wood burnere

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a bit of advice for anyone needing building control permission. I recently put in a woodburner and was a bit worried about getting BC in to check it. I spent a lot of time reading the building regs and followed them carefully taking my time getting everything spot on.

I am a fairly compotent DIYer after 30 years of practice but imagined the BC man would be none too keen on DIY installations. However I was pleasently surprised that when he came he said it was an excellent job and gave me a few tips about getting the best out of the woodburner as he had one himself.

Just wanted to say if you follow the rules and do a good job you should have no problems. It has saved me a good deal of money (stove shop wanted £900 plus the price of the stove and this did not include any flue liner), and I personally think I have done a better job than the HEPTAS man did on my daughters.

tip
READ THE RULES AND MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THEM IF IN DOUBT THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE ON HERE HAPPY TO HELP WITH A FAR GREATER KNOWLEDGE THAN I HAVE !!

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to say if you follow the rules and do a good job you should have no problems.

A good BCO will know within a very short time after meeting you or seeing the job, if the work is going to be done properly. Once he forms his opinion, then the subsequent monitoring will be as easy or as difficult as it needs to be based on the first impressions

Sponsored Links
And depending on whether or not you have complied fully with the requirements of the Party Wall etc Act. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back