woodburner flashing leak easy fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - woodburner - stainless pipe through roof via lead flashing - has storm collar - ok for several years now (after some external sealing with grey lead sealant) though now leaking a bit in intense rain between the double wall pipe and the lead tube. (suspect through rain bouncing off roof under storm collar - i have witnessed it is coming in at this point).

would there be any particular problem with using lead sealant from the inside, gently pushing up a bead as far as possible (being aware you don't want to internally prise open 'seal' between the gripping lead and the double wall flue.

the roof is a real hassle (and a danger for me) to scale.

any advice appreciated

thanks

rob

Sponsored Links
thanks for replying
so guess its lead sealant from the outside...last application perhaps 7 years ago though can't quite get my head round why not sealing the path of ingress would not work (I wondered about any ongoing issue as a result)

any tips?

out of interest; vague approx what might you might charge for sorting it (bungalow/40 degree roof)
(Fordingbridge)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back