Worcester Bosch 42DCDI, is this a wise move?

If you use a WB Acredited Installer you will receive 5 years parts and labour warranty, the standard Vaillant warranty is 2 years parts and labour, however you may be able to increase if you also use a Vaillant Accredited Installer.

Sponsored Links
And it's gas flow rate according to the manufacturer is 30% more greedy than a 30cdi.

You might recall you also had something to say yourself about the 42cdi on a previous posting:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119210&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15[/QUOTE]

God this is hard work :LOL:

"it's gas flow rate according to the manufacturer is 30% more greedy than a 30cdi."

Yes,when it's producing HOT WATER! Which is how often during the day relative to the time the boiler is on for central heating?

:rolleyes:

Yes your correct, I did say something about the gas supply in that post,I agreed with you on this one.

Dear God.

No wonder I rarely come on this forum.

How exactly is that p!sh above helping the op mate, eh?

There's logic to the madness! The 837 is too deep for the kitchen unit it's going in hence the selction of the 831. It's therefore a matter of what is the best and most reliable boiler between the V 831 and the WB 37CDI, your guidance would be much appreciated?

Judging by the comments on here re the two boiler manufacturers I would say that the Valliant probably swings it in terms of reliabilty but WB wins hands down in terms of customer service.

Having said that though I install WB boiler and am a WBAI and have not had a single problem with any of my installs thus far ( about three years) however I did have a boiler, a 40 CDI conventional, that had a PCB go out of warranty but since it was a known issue WB replaced it FOC.

Yes,when it's producing HOT WATER! Which is how often during the day relative to the time the boiler is on for central heating?

Like we don't all know that!

Fact remains that its gas flow rate IS (at maximum) 4.4 cu m per hour. So the installation has to be able to cope with this regardless of 'how often' the hot water is on for! Basics! :rolleyes:

Not sure what point you are trying to make but the less you come on these forums the better if you are going to be supercilious.
And YOU are no help to the OP when you don't even read her posts properly.

Sponsored Links
You said that the boiler is a

"gas hungry monster"

How does scaremongering or employing hyperbole help the OP and others considering buying a similar type of boiler?

That was a rhetorical question BTW, no need to embarress yourself further.

:LOL:

Talk about being hung by your own petard

Think you did that earlier in a far more stylish manner by clearly forgetting your comments about this boiler in the other thread.

'Meter as large as a microwave oven!' :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back