Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 boiler problems

Personally I have always gone for the branded one. Just make sure that whatever you get is a suitable fit for the Honeywell V4073A.

Sponsored Links
I think I will follow your lead and stick to genuine parts. Thanks again, I will let you know if replacing the motor worked.
Best regards
Steve

Hi Blagard & Mandate. A big big thank you to you both for your help and advise on my central heating problem. The new genuine Honeywell syncron motor arrived today, fitted and now I have perfecty functioning central heating system at last. I couldn't have repaired it without your help (Unless I had paid a heating engineer a fortune for the pleasure).
Thanks again Guys
:D

hi
Looking at this thread last night, I was most impressed by the help, and wondered if I could put forward my problem.
I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 installed about 8 years ago. It has a Honeywell control box with, what I assume is the 3-way valve mentioned. The thermostat is a wireless one, which I presume talks to the main box.
My problem is that the rads are heating up when the water is on, even though the thermostat is turned right down, and if you look at the boiler front panel, the rad heating side isn't even active. Apart from sweltering, it's using more oil than a Range Rover!
Any help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Probably a stuck motorised valve. Do you have any numbers on the associated valves?

On the side of your valve is an indicator that shows H M W. If you isolate all power to the heating system, where does the indicator stop?

Hi, I've just checked and it's always in the W position, powered up or not, which would indicate that the heating shouldn't be on?
Thanks

It's most likely the motor has failed, that is assuming the room stat is working OK and supplying power to the white wire of the valve, so check that first.
Power to the motor passes through a micro switch and burnt or dirty contacts could stop the motor from working., so bench test the motor before buying a replacement.
A replacement motor costs around £20 I think or you may be able to replace the whole head for around £45 I think

Thanks for your help on this. Having done all the checks mentioned, I think you're right and it's a stuck valve. Having a new one fitted by someone who hopefully knows more than me!
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back