Worcester Greenstar 24i junior

ChrisR said:
You need to get a contact onto the connector where the two green wires go in. There will be a voltage across them (probably
24vdc) when the switch is open (fan off) which will go to zero when the switch closes and shorts it out.
You need a variety of probe tips to do this sort of thing. If you look at the shell for the connector, you might see small hole for each wire, in the side. Otherwise you have to connect a thin piece of wire to your probe and poke it down where the wire goes in and hope you can make a contact. If you can get access to the other (solder) side of the board you can probe the relevant pin there.

An alternative is to just connect the two wires at the aps before you turn the boiler on. I don't know what this particular boiler would do but often they "object" knowing that the switch shouldn't be closed , and go to lockout straight away, but sometimes they don't do a check at all and the boiler works.
I carry an adjustable aps, which makes it easy..

This your interpretation of using a multimeter Chris???

Didn`t think you would reply you Gutless, whining Coward....

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
quote="scatmanjohn"]Don't no too much about these yet so won't try and guess the fault.

That makes three then ;)

One thing that confuses me about this boiler is the use of an APS.

Safety device.

Anyone know why it has one.

It`s a safety device.

They seem to have added the APS for no apparent reason.

There is a reason... it`s a safety device..

Well allow me to retort ;)

I know what it is ;)

And more important i know exactly how to test one. ;)

If you are unable to work out how to test the operation of a simple switch then maybe boiler repairs is not your bag.

So do you want to tell me why non of the other premix condensing boilers have an APS.

A non aggressive answer without personal insults is my preference. :LOL:

come on bamber no need for that

as far as i can see chris did answer your question what more do you want

and i am with scatman, if the fan dont run no gas is gonna come (nice bit of peotry there did ya notice)

as for check the aps

I always check that the fan is blowing out the required pressure for it (check with manufacturers for this) then using the continuity tester and croc clips see if the c to no is working when fan is a blowing

easy

Bambi seems to be getting a bit of a reputation.those anger managment courses do work you know. yes they ****ing do.

Sponsored Links
Read the thread...I seem to being crucified purely for asking for advice...I DON`T KNOW HOW TO TEST AN AIR PRESSURE SWITCH USING A MULTIMETER, THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING.......can I be more honest or clear...I`m being told now by the other pair of comedians that I should not even be asking the question because it is obviously beyond me & I should leave it to an engineer :eek:
Pardon the hell out of me for having the audacity to ask..BTW it was the APS....job is sorted...as for you scatman...you were the one who jumped in with the insults...you were not even involved in this topic & now you are bleating because I have given you a bit of stick...get over it... ;)

PS( Ithought that it would be possible for myself to ask for assistance from fellow engineers..I can see now that this is not the case & so this will be my last post on this site..I wish all on here Good Luck & keep up the good work..)

Bamber gaspipe said:
Read the thread...I seem to being crucified purely for asking for advice...I DON`T KNOW HOW TO TEST AN AIR PRESSURE SWITCH USING A MULTIMETER, THAT IS WHY I AM ASKING.......can I be more honest or clear...I`m being told now by the other pair of comedians that I should not even be asking the question because it is obviously beyond me & I should leave it to an engineer :eek:
Pardon the hell out of me for having the audacity to ask..BTW it was the APS....job is sorted...as for you scatman...you were the one who jumped in with the insults...you were not even involved in this topic & now you are bleating because I have given you a bit of stick...get over it... ;)

Now Now... Remember what we talked about.

http://www.angermanage.co.uk/

That model is less than two years old so should be well inside its two year warranty ,just phone Worcester. Its not the air pressure switch the symptoms are wrong.

Bamber....i just noticed this bit which you added to an earlier post (you naughty boy)

You`re still p*ssed off because I tore you a new ass last time we clashed...you`ll get over it

On the post you are refering to you wrote:

.declared you correct & have duly apologised

And then on the same topic, but a little bit later you wrote:

I APOLOGISE

Now if that is how you tear someone a new ass hole. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The funny thing is although you are a little bit hot headed and fly off the handle at the least little thing i quite like you :oops:

scatmanjohn said:
Bamber....i just noticed this bit which you added to an earlier post (you naughty boy)

You`re still p*ssed off because I tore you a new ass last time we clashed...you`ll get over it

On the post you are refering to you wrote:

.declared you correct & have duly apologised

And then on the same topic, but a little bit later you wrote:

I APOLOGISE

Now if that is how you tear someone a new ass hole. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The funny thing is although you are a little bit hot headed and fly off the handle at the least little thing i quite like you :oops:

I would like to answer you scatman but as you can see from my last post I have withdrawn from the site due to having a `ti*tty lip` on..please do not attempt any further social intercourse....or any intercourse whatsoever for that matter..unless of course you want a fight....

Bamber:

you wrote
PS( Ithought that it would be possible for myself to ask for assistance from fellow engineers..I can see now that this is not the case & so this will be my last post on this site..I wish all on here Good Luck & keep up the good work..)

And then a short time later you wrote:

I would like to answer you scatman but as you can see from my last post I have withdrawn from the site due to having a `ti*tty lip` on..please do not attempt any further social intercourse....or any intercourse whatsoever for that matter..unless of course you want a fight

PLEASE DON'T GO BAMBER PLEASE, PLEASE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back