worcester greenstar 27cdi - condensation trap filling & tripping boiler - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - so the condensation trap keeps filling up on my boiler & causing it to error / shut off.

I have removed the waste exit & seems no blockage there, blown back up & all fine (bubbles away) http://screencast.com/t/gw8aXt05f0k (photo)

If i empty the trap from the clip on cover underneath it will fill again & error in a few days

the water seems to be filling up here http://screencast.com/t/p0v9zYCGq in the hopper & I guess it's meant to come out & down the flexible tube to then go out into the waste exit? but maybe isn't or what seems more likely is something is causing it to trip before it gets there & can overflow??

Any suggestions on what else to check or issue it could be?

Sponsored Links
The trap is meant to fill.

By removing the white metal cover you have disturbed the case seal which is technically a gas job to replace. The boiler shouldn't be run with that removed and if you don't get it back on correctly you are putting those around you at risk.

Are you saying the boiler locks out on an EA fault? Have you proved the waste outlet to outside, not clear from text or piccies whether you have. Removing the white flexi where it joins to the waste (overflow) pipe and putting it in a bucket will prove the drain.

UPDATE:

Might have found an issue - outside the drain it all runs into was slightly backed up with some leaves slowing drainage. The water was above the height of the exit pipe so perhaps causing a vacuum where the outflow from teh boiler perhaps couldn't flow? (Screenshot http://screencast.com/t/299iksdAevBo)

Would that be feasible??

I'll find out in a few days I suppose anyway... :)

Sponsored Links
The trap is meant to fill.

By removing the white metal cover you have disturbed the case seal which is technically a gas job to replace. The boiler shouldn't be run with that removed and if you don't get it back on correctly you are putting those around you at risk.

Are you saying the boiler locks out on an EA fault? Have you proved the waste outlet to outside, not clear from text or piccies whether you have. Removing the white flexi where it joins to the waste (overflow) pipe and putting it in a bucket will prove the drain.

Yes meant to fill but not error

The boiler was not run & yes it is replaced perfectly

Yes was EA fault - as per update above although i could blow both up & down the waste which suggest it was blockage free I think due to water level in the outside drain it could have created a vacuum which may have caused it to trip / not drain as it needed?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back