worcester heatslave 12/14 intermittent lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction for troubleshooting? I have a 12 year old worcester heatslave 12/14 combi that keeps locking out after 5 minuets, after leaving it for another 5 minuets if i hit the lockout reset it will run again for a while then go back into lockout again. any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Oilhead, I found a few other threads earlier that pointed to the coil so will pick one up on way home and post back when fitted and tested.
Your from shrops too :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Replaced solenoid coil on the oil pump worked fine for half an hour on central heating but then locked out again :( and now when reset the fan is not starting up either now and goes into lock out in approx 20 seconds, any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:
Cheers again for reply much appreciated (y), Il try that next.
Is that the silver or white one?

Another question what should be the system pressure gauge be reading when cold and when hot?
Not sure if its relevant it sits at just over 1bar at cold and rises to 1.5 when warmed up.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
If you don't have the instructions, I suggest you download them from the Worcester Bosch web site. These will answer most of your questions.

Cheers oil boffin and oil head, i did download full installation, il be honest im not confident with messing with capacitors just thought if was something simple i could do it. much appreciated all your replies tho :)
Best wishes

It would appear that someone, in the past, has fitted a replacement capacitor without removing the original. It is worth trying a replacement of the one which has the wires connected(the one with the cap on).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back