Worcester Heatslave Boiler 12/14 hot water but no heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We've recently moved into a property which is a huge project all on its own, but now we have issues with the oil fired boiler which we could really do without! (it's about 8 years old)

We had to remove 2 radiators to knock a wall down and since re-connecting one (the other we don't need) the boiler is playing up. Hot water is no problem, but the heating only works every now and again.

We have reset the days and times to be correct - yet it keeps coming on at bizaare times like 4am! We have bled the radiators and thought we'd also sorted the pressure....but perhaps not?

Can anyone help??

Sponsored Links
The built in timer on a Heatslve is pretty straight forward to programme, so it may be that the programmer is now faulty perhaps as a result of the power being turned off for the alteration works you describe.
now the bad news, a new built in programmer is going to be around £175 + Vat & fitting! ;)

But the insides are the same as a £35 programmer!

Did you reset the clock time?

Or you could fit an external programmable thermostat!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yep we reset the clock....we'll look into those other options though - much appreciated!

I got a new one for mine for £70 on ebay......a genuine item.
The consolation is that they are easy to fit, but there's a connector on the back of the pcb that needs to be fitted the same way round as your existing one.
I take it that the heating works, but just at bizarre times?
Good boilers, these - in my opinion.
John :)

Some of those cheap items on Ebay are rather long in the tooth.

For most things thats not so important but the backup battery in the timeclocks only has a life of about 5 years. After that they lose the time when mains is disconnected.

A real pain when servicing boilers!

Tony

Fitting an external programmer is dead easy. Remove the four pin plug from the PCB to the programmer, and use a 4 core cable from those terminals to the new remote unit.
The built in programmer was an extra on a new boiler, and the installation instructions cover the fitting of an external clock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back