Working with SWA cable

well i don't do any work, just tend to do all the stuff required in the house and sometimes things in my dads office.

I live in the buckinghamshire/herfordshire area (moving house) Currently in a town called Amersham, 25miles from london, where abouts do you live?

Sponsored Links
I think i know you.......................rogers ur real surname?

there is only "problem" with you wiring things in for your dad, that of insurance, if it goes wrong (i do not doubt it is right, but if it goes wrong) you will not be insured

Quite a few people have said that to me aswell and you have no idea how anoying it is. but now i have an apprentaship lined up no one seems to mention it....

Sponsored Links
my nephew has just started an aprenticeship (as an electrcian) he doesnt live that far from you (don't ask where) but i am not sure what the name of the company is he works for.

as for insurance just work for your dad untill you finish your aprenticeship, only 4 1/2 more years to go. you may be lucky , finish in 4 years (it can be done) i did, but that was XX years ago, i am a "old boy" now

breezer said:
my nephew has just started an aprenticeship (as an electrcian) he doesnt live that far from you (don't ask where) but i am not sure what the name of the company is he works for.

as for insurance just work for your dad untill you finish your aprenticeship, only 4 1/2 more years to go. you may be lucky , finish in 4 years (it can be done) i did, but that was XX years ago, i am a "old boy" now

that was quite a while ago! :eek: the day relese course for an electrical course is 3 years or so says the other apprentice at the company who i will do my apprentaship with

breezer said:
there is only "problem" with you wiring things in for your dad, that of insurance, if it goes wrong (i do not doubt it is right, but if it goes wrong) you will not be insured
not with our insurance... anyway, my dad would only do it himself

oh ryte cos i know someone with a similar name who has only just got into electrics and he thinks he knows it all already and btw i live in hemel hempstead thats about 26 miles from london its between watford and st albans and i know Amersham, are you moving there or out of?

A little 'off-topic', but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Just feeling the cold chill of youth breeze through the forum ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back