Worscester 35CDi no hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
First time poster, I'm staying in a place that has Worscester 35CDi and the hot water has stopped working.
The boiler fails to turn on with the hot water tap. It seems to work fine, as in I can turn on the heating for the radiators, it just seems to be a switch not engaging with the hot water tap.
It happened once before but a plumber was called out when I was not here so I'm unsure as to the remedy.
As it seems like a flaky switch of sorts I was hoping someone here may be able to put me right, the literature I've found on line has been no help, and what I've found on this forum suggests a PCB fault, given it was recently fixed with the same problem by a call out plumber I'm guessing it's something simple. -And hoping.

Thanks for any help,

Dave Short.

Sponsored Links
I would say its the divertor valve personally. Specifically the Diaphram

Stan

When I see you saying that you are staying in a place then i think that you are a tenant and the property belongs to the landlord.

If thats the case then why not let him get a proper CORGi engineer and let him fix it properly.

If you damage the boiler or do something unsafe and end up blowing up the property that could get you into serious trouble quite apart from injuring or killing yourself.

Tony

I'm a tenant and share with the owner who's hardly ever here (and presently away). It was seen to about 2 months ago with the same symptoms, I was hoping if it was something simple that needed a minor tweak, then I could have a hot shower tomorrow morning.
That and I like to have an idea of what's going on and how things work, it's nice to feel like you can sort things out.
I'll try to get someone out to look at it tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to quiz them on what is wrong.

Thanks for your quick replies!

-Dave Short.

Sponsored Links
We would expect a flow switch/diverter valve.

However, whatever was repaired before is unlikely to have failed again IF it was dealt with properly.

It could be that the person who did the repair before just bodged it and it has failed again.

Tony

could be dhw pump. this boiler ,i think has two pumps.could be flow switch as stated above, could be pcb fault.i would get an engineer out to it.

does the boiler not show a fault code?

i would be trying what fitz said as this boiler is twin pump , no diverter iirc.

Only some of them had two pumps, the later ones are usual cdi layout.

I thought only the 350's had the two pumps? never seen a CDI like that yet?

Its called a CDi i. CDi ii is the one pump version!

Well I'll be rogered rotten

I have never seen one, I see shed loads of CDi's an all

Any chance that you have a GC number for that Rob, so's I can have a nose at it

:)

Its a rather odd design very reminescent of one of the 7-8 year old Viessmanns.

It has a hollow backplate with the water ways built into it and two pumps. I dont think it was very popular with installers. I saw an almost new one in scrap pieces outside the merchants. Until I went to repair one a litle later I did not even know what it was.

Tony

Was that listed as a CDI tony

that sounds like the 280 to me. the one with the acl diverter head

I have had a few of these where primary DHW flow in the back plate is blocked solid

I have had no success in clearing it, any tips?

Have cleared a few similar things with bike brake cable inner (bowden cable, Halfords) cut to about 300 - 400 long, doubled over and the raggy ends gripped in a drill chuck. Make a point at the fold and work it in as you rotate. Goes round quite tight bends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back