Would these small downlights backwash?

Sponsored Links
in that case then the best thing you can do is to make a sample board up with the fitting in it and illumininate it and see if you get any backwash light from it .

Nick

Sponsored Links
lol you really are against downlighters arent you

The problem is ive designed the place myself and i rarely go against my designs

Hi Kilo,

I can see what you ae trying to achieve and understand your concerns. Normal recessed lights with normal lamps will throw light backwards, which isn't what you want. I think the only options you have taking into account the limited space you have is to fit the downlights where you want them and use lamps that are blacked out on the rear to prevent any backlight or move them further back from the edge of the curve so they don't back into the curve channel where the LED lighting rests. Personally if it were me i wouldn't want them close to the edge as it would spoil the look, id move them back into the ceiling space and space them out randomly to give the desired effect.

Also out of curiosity can you tell me/us more about the LED strip lighting your using, id assumed it was LED rope light you had but this is obviously not the case following your response to my previous post.

All the best
Dan

Surely whatever type of luminaire you install, and whatever type of lamp you use, if they are installed here:

lightill2.jpg

then from some angles, possibly many, you'll see the back of the luminaires and/or the lamps, the clips holding them in place, and the cables running to them?

Hi Kilo,

I can see what you ae trying to achieve and understand your concerns. Normal recessed lights with normal lamps will throw light backwards, which isn't what you want. I think the only options you have taking into account the limited space you have is to fit the downlights where you want them and use lamps that are blacked out on the rear to prevent any backlight or move them further back from the edge of the curve so they don't back into the curve channel where the LED lighting rests. Personally if it were me i wouldn't want them close to the edge as it would spoil the look, id move them back into the ceiling space and space them out randomly to give the desired effect.

Also out of curiosity can you tell me/us more about the LED strip lighting your using, id assumed it was LED rope light you had but this is obviously not the case following your response to my previous post.

All the best
Dan

Dan what do you mean by placing them randomly?

Holmslaw, lol im no architect but am a designer. I designed my own premises however i understand where your coming from as i have worked alongside architects and they are very stuborn individuals even though they have silly ideas at times

Ban, i dont think you will be able to see any luminaries as the tray/cove is high enough to have an easy clearance vertically and besdies the ceiling is over 3 meters high

Also the recessed lights have been altered so they are wired to the mains rather than via transformers.

The LED strips are similar to this
http://www.supplierlist.com/photo_images/82827/RGB_LED_STRIP_IP67_5_METERS.jpg

But funny you asked as i have cancelled my order a few hours ago as they started mucking around with payment options

whilst on the subject guys, what is the easiest way to mark out recessed lights on a curved ceiling?

i should have been more clear. I meant once i get the markers on the edges, how do i work backwards acurately. If the recessed lights are going to be further in i.e. not on the edge how do i make sure i pencil mark the light hole acurately without drifting left or angle wise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back