Would you like to be recorded whilst working?

Sponsored Links
what a terrible idea all trust gone before you even start :eek: :eek:

no problem recording relevant conversation as long as both parties get an identical copy
no problem with unmanned stationery camera filming
but we all know how someone hovering over you can distract and cause expensive mistakes :rolleyes:

It's bad enough when you get a customer who follows you around everywhere, asking what your doing and (worse) why your doing it the way your doing it. Next thing they'll have is Steven Spielberg shouting " Lights, Camera and ACTION." ;)

Sponsored Links
Had one or two clients who felt it necessary to follow me around the whole time I was in their house, the worst being a guy who never stopped talking to me either - took me twice as long to do the job! Recently had a guy who felt he needed to be there to help me. I was outside and it started snowing - he said something about having left something out of his shed and when he asked "will you be ok if I just nip off, or do you need me to stay here", I couldn't have been more relieved.

On the other hand I've had jobs where i've arrived and the customer has had somewhere to go and they've just thrown me the keys and asked if I'd mind locking up and putting them through the letter box as I leave. Strange how some people trust you more easily than others....

I definitely prefer the second kind!!

Always best to assume somebody is watching!

Was told a story about a couple of fitters who larking about in the customers house, one had bent over the bath so the other grabbed him from behind simulating certain well known movements.
They heard a noise and looked up to see the customer standing in the doorway wide eyed, and holding the tea tray . “I’ll just put it outside she said” and left.:D :D

It's bad enough when you get a customer who follows you around everywhere, asking what your doing and (worse) why your doing it the way your doing it.

I don't do that for obvious reasons. However, I'd really like to if the tradesman concerned wouldn't mind, not to check up on a tradesman but simply to see if I can learn something.

I've had a customer call me when I was on the way to their house telling me that they had to go out but for me to go ahead and carry on with the work as her 13 year old daughter was at home, I had never met the customer before.

I told her to call me back when she or her husband would be at home, she got the hump.

You couldn't make it up.

Andy

I have also had a customer who would follow me around when I was jetting his manholes, I kept telling him to move back due to health and safety, but I got the hump in the end and while he was standing next to an open manhole the jetter hose went a bit too far and he got covered in the brown stuff. He soon moved then.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

Always best to assume somebody is watching!

Was told a story about a couple of fitters who larking about in the customers house, one had bent over the bath so the other grabbed him from behind simulating certain well known movements.
They heard a noise and looked up to see the customer standing in the doorway wide eyed, and holding the tea tray . “I’ll just put it outside she said” and left.:D :D

:LOL: :LOL:

I used to find that trying to work with someone leaning over your shoulder and following you from room to room drove me crazy, certain groups of people seemed to be worse than others.

Fair enough a little while for him to see you know what you are doing and are not eying up the family jewelry. But anyone that stands behind a workman after he has expressed the need for a bit of space, is likely to get a toe trodden on if the workman steps back smartly to get a tool from the box :evil:

You've always been able to record conversations you are a part of, trash paper making things up again. No need to tell anybody else you're doing it either. I often do it when it matters and the other party has an incentive to lie, one recording was worth over £30k once when that's exactly what they did - in papers they submitted to court too. Silly billies.

Also do it when I hand many £k in cash over to a builder without any receipt. Never had a problem there though, but just in case, you never know.

I thought that covertly recorded conversations were not admissible in court. That's what my union rep. told me when, as a teacher, I secretly recorded a parent I knew had been lying about me and making false accusations.

I thought that covertly recorded conversations were not admissible in court. That's what my union rep. told me when, as a teacher, I secretly recorded a parent I knew had been lying about me and making false accusations.

I thought the same, isnt that why Companies tell you on the Phone " This is being recorded for training purposes"

Sponsored Links
Back