Would you like to be recorded whilst working?

Sponsored Links
I thought that covertly recorded conversations were not admissible in court. That's what my union rep. told me when, as a teacher, I secretly recorded a parent I knew had been lying about me and making false accusations.
One-party-taping is not allowed in some states. I found out too late it was allowed where I was going to blow the whistle on a whole den of crooks on the public payroll.

Yeah, I'm an actor... and I hate it when I'm filmed just doing my job... !!! people following me around, telling me what to do... with fookin cameras !!!!

Hate it !! (I'm not a well known actor !!!)

Sponsored Links
I was fitting a boiler for this Indian fellow and he brought a bench so his five children could sit and watch me.

After 10 min they got bored and left!

I don't mind being watched or filmed as I am accustomed to demonstrating boiler repairs to trainees.

Having done a project at the Hackney Empire theatre for three nights in front of an audience of 600, the odd one or two is not of any concern.

Tony

Having done a project at the Hackney Empire theatre for three nights in front of an audience of 600, the odd one or two is not of any concern.

Tony

I must have missed the play "Boiler installation fur beginners" Is there any chance it's doing a tour nationwide? :LOL: :LOL:

A few years back I worked on a site that was fitted with CCTV pointing at the site. The reason given was that it was to allow the client to see how the job was progressing and not for watching us at all :rolleyes:
but still we're filmed or photographed dozens of times a day already so it's probably not worth losing any sleep over.

I really don't mind being recorded, it's the working bit I'm having trouble with.. :confused: :confused:

I know it's an old thread but just stumbled upon it. Hope you don't mind.

I thought that covertly recorded conversations were not admissible in court. That's what my union rep. told me when, as a teacher, I secretly recorded a parent I knew had been lying about me and making false accusations.

They are not.
Pre-divorce and I used to covertly record arguments with a view to using them as evidence. When I showed them to my solicitor she was horrified and said they would not be admissible and may count against my case. I asked if I could speak to a senior divorce solicitor and after a bit of stalling she agreed. I showed her boss and gave her my reasons for doing so. She agreed they are not admissible but said if I kept the recordings in a safe place, i.e. their offices, after making verbatim transcripts of the 'conversations', we could show the other party what evidence we had and it may help to strengthen our case for an out of court settlement. As it was I never got chance to use them so don't know what the result may have been.

I don't particularly like the idea but I have never understood why recordings can't be used in court. It proves things beyond doubt.

I don't particularly like the idea but I have never understood why recordings can't be used in court. It proves things beyond doubt.
I strongly agree.
Surely, proving that someone lied is far more important than secretly recording a conversation, however underhand that may be seen as.

I couldn't care less as long as they can digitise a smaller nose on me for side shots. Not sure that lads would like it though especially the young labourer - too sensitive. The language would be of the Anglo-Saxon variety too unless this was also edited.

No prob's with workmanship or cleanliness. I touch nothing I'm not supposed to in other peoples' houses.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back