New Forum Help Wrong flag how do I change it.

Sponsored Links
Dont' worry - Wales is covered by The English section of the flag...

:eek:

Sponsored Links
The union jack

Union FLAG not jack. only when flown from the Jack staff ( or mast ) can it be called the Union Jack. ( and no I cannot remember the difference that allow it to be called the Jack )

I also object to the Union Flag being flown upside down and it being worn as a item of clothing.

The Welsh Dragon would have been on the Union Flag but being a nasty beast it kept burning down the flag mast. :evil:

Back to Eric's original query…
The Welsh dragon does not appear on the Union Flag. This is because when the first Union Flag was created in 1606, the Principality of Wales, by that time, was already united with England and was no longer a separate principality.

From that, it would seem that Wales is truly a part England….:ROFLMAO:

TTC - quite correct. The original Union Flag was created in 1606 as a result of The Union Of The Crowns in 1603 (When The English ran out of monarchs and James VI of Scotland became James 1 of England and Scotland) At that time, the flag was only formed of the flags of Scotland (Saltire) and England (St George's Cross) Wales was represented by The English flag as it was considered part of England at that time. From 1606 until The Union Of The Parliaments in 1707, that original flag was mainly used at sea (flying from the jackstaff of one of HMS) which is probably why it was called The Union Jack. In 1801, the flag of Ireland (as it was then - the cross of St Patrick) was added creating the current flag. In 1908, the name 'Union Jack' was deemed to be the national flag.

Shouldn't this be in Electrics Outside the UK? :evil:
This is the point this is for UK Electrics so showing which area of UK and so which set of laws are valid in that area would be a great help. Not really worried if red or white rose as the laws are the same but England, Ireland Scotland and Wales all have different laws governing domestic electrics so having a flag is really only any good if the different law are identified. Be it three legs of Man or Blue cross of Scotland there is a need to know.

This thread is in Electrics UK, but clicking on it transports me to "New Forum Help". And that makes navigation back to the forum I came from more awkward.

screenshot_538.jpg

I thought the Welsh were chased back there out of England and so did not deserve a flag?

I will have a look at adding some more flags when I get a moment.

Sponsored Links
Back