No offense ppl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to change this union jack to a Welsh flag, is it possible ?, No offense intended to the English, or the Northern Irish.

Sponsored Links
plummit said:
is it possible ?
yes, click on your profile (near the top of the page) in the drop down list (location) there is the choice of being welsh. Strange how it doesn't give the choice of being English.

Strange how it doesn't give the choice of being English

Because the English don't have a separatist movement or party.

Well, there are the English Democrats, but they're not exactly a REAL movment, now, are they? That and they're right wing extremist idiots now.

Sponsored Links
I suppose the reason they don't have the Dragon, or the St George Cross, or any other British flags, is because officially our national flag is the Union Flag. In the same way that on your passport it says "United Kingdom", not England, Wales, Scottish, Northern Irish.

I always thought it a bit rough that the Welsh don't feature anywhere on the flag though. Perhaps a dragon in the middle would be a worthwhile addition?

People from other countries sometimes have enough trouble understanding the difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, the British Isles and England as it is! :LOL:

Can I get the Cornish [St Pirans] flag on this?White cross on black ground.
Should be easy enuf.Huh

Easy:Scots -Thistle/St Andrews X
English - St Georges X/Dead Dragon
Welsh - Red Dragon[alive]
Irish - Shamrock
Cornish-St Pirans X/Chough[Big Crow]
Isle of Man - 3 legged triskel/graphic of 20,000 drunks hanging onto a rock.Only joking.

swageblock said:
White cross on black ground.

No, and you can't get the flag of St Piran either... which is of course a SILVER cross on black background :rolleyes:

All the St pirans flags I see i.e;flying on church towers, at rugby matches,as lapel pins etc are white on black.Maybe we can`t afford silver[tho at under £4.50 per oz troy,I don`t see why],or poss iobly should be tin and white is the interpretation.
Kernow bys vyken!

Wish thatb I could.Small prob in that all mines shut.Plenty of the stuff about,just that its a long way down!

Well, the cross actually symbolises St Piran finding tin, so you are sorted if you can find some.

Looking at it now though, some websites say white, some say silver. I withdraw my earlier pedantry ;)

Perhaps all the countries in the EU should revert to their historic states, i.e. England would become about 7 or 8 different kingdoms, Italy would become about 20, etc.

Or perhaps not: imagine the amount of administration they would have to do, the EU would become composed of about 50 or 60 states! Although, having more people than the US the average state population would be about the same as the US.

No, I can't abide that idea, it's totally silly.

Sponsored Links
Back