No offense ppl

Can i get the flag for the Democratic, Anarchic, Dictatorial State of Thermo?

Sponsored Links
I was born in Wales, so I have changed my profile......no sheep jokes, please, I get enough of those from my father-in-law!

Well, the system does not want to accept Wales. When I enter it and submit the change, the system reverts back to UK. FLAW!

I dream of the day when britain flies this flag:

gb%7Drep.gif

Only problem being it will be confused with Hungary's flag.

Maybe I should design a new one.

Sponsored Links
Just followed this thread - then looked at the google ads underneath and they all related to buying flags - CLEVER!!!!!

Now I have looked again and they have changed - NOT SO CLEVER :oops: :oops: :oops:

You write in a wonderful 'pastyish' style old tillyoggie !! Seen Denzil and his mate around Truro lately ? ;)

ZenStalinist said:
I dream of the day when britain flies this flag:

gb%7Drep.gif

Only problem being it will be confused with Hungary's flag.

Maybe I should design a new one.

Why, we have a good flag. The reason the welsh ain't on it is cause we don't want them :LOL:

The Union flag is NOT our official flag. It is used de facto. It it technically the ROYAL flag - i.e. the queen's private flag.

Neither do we have an official language - outside of Wales or the Scottish Western Isles.

So there you have it. The suggested flag is as official as the current one, and our schools should be teaching Welsh and Scottish Gaelic before English...

*Plays Sex Pistols* Ah, so glad we don't technically have a national anthem either!

Why, we have a good flag. The reason the welsh ain't on it is cause we don't want them icon_lol.gif

Oooh! And the Northern Irish aren't there because they don't want US! ;)

Adam W;pedantry forgiven.Alleggedly St P was a p**shead and discovered tin by accident.
Re flags etc;I[naively]believe that it is possible to wear a badge/symbol of your region/country out of pride for that place or as a sense of belonging without it being a symbol of distrust,segregation or mindless nationalism,which I find the use of the Union Flag increasingly an example of.
Just check the tabloids.

Still hammering

which I find the use of the Union Flag increasingly an example of.

I have to disagree there, I think it is decreasing: the Union Flag and the Cross of St George (not to mention the Cross of St Andrew) were hijacked by nationalist types just a few years ago. But in the last 2 or 3 years it has become socially acceptable for people to own and display these flags. A friend of mine shook her head in disgust when she discovered I own a large St George Cross (bought it in Sainsbury's during the World Cup, never been taken out of it's box :LOL: ).

And anyone who knows Scots living in England, many of them have St Andrews stickers on their car, or perhaps around their workplace. Although why some choose to have "Ecosse" stickers on their cars baffles me... Surely "Scotia" would be more appropriate, but hey. Perhaps Swage can shed some light on that! :D

Check this out, the flag of Hawaii:

flag.jpg

Why would Scotia be more appropriate?

I believe that the Scottish Gaelic for Scotland is 'Alba'.

Look at the ident on BBC Two Scotland before the Gaelic programming, it says BBC Two Alba

Sponsored Links
Back