Yale 6400 signal loss?.

I am wondering why a suggestion was removed?
If after two panels fail there must be some sort of interference. In which case talk directly to Yale or change for either a wired system or a Texcom Ricochet system which will bypass the issue.

Funnily enough, so am i.

Thing is, irrespective of brand, the suggestion would apply to any product behaving in that manner.

Sponsored Links
I am wondering why a suggestion was removed?
If after two panels fail there must be some sort of interference.
Which suggestion was removed. ?

In which case talk directly to Yale
Provided the equipment they supply complies with the regulations for licence exempt equipment there is little any manufacturer can do. It is the end user's responsibility to ensure the equipment is suitable for the radio environment in which the licence exempt equipment will be used. It may be possible that the manufacturer would be prepared to loan an off air channel monitor to get details of how much activity there is on the channel from other users.

or change for either a wired system
which is always the best option for any equipment that is not required to be mobile.

or a Texcom Ricochet system which will bypass the issue.
It will be more robust when affected by other systems on the same channel. But for ALL wireless linked equipment the rule remains :- If the channel is continuously occupied by other transmitters then the ability to operate correctly and reliably will be compromised.

I like the comment about the binmen :D

Thing is I know about interference ect....but I don't understand how the upstairs keypad will still get the signal to the panel even when everything is getting blocked.....also interference wouldn't cause the panel to freeze and go blank ....the signal is just that...a signal....going to try and contact Yale but not holding up much hope......indeed I would have gone for a wired system but this is a rented property which makes it very didfficut with it not being our house.....been looking at the power max systems as they seem not too badly priced or indeed the other system that will use the pir as a repeater.

Sponsored Links
but this is a rented property which makes it very didfficut with it not being our house.
Speaking as a landlord ( we let my late mother's house ) if a tenant asked for permission to install a wired alarm I would be happy to assist with the cost as it would be an improvement to the property.

but I don't understand how the upstairs keypad will still get the signal to the panel even when everything is getting blocked
Radio propagation, especially with low power devices, is a black art. A piece of metal that is one wavelength long ( approx 2 foot 6 inchs for 433 mHz ) can almost totally block a signal if it is between tranmitter and receiver or if moved 1 foot 3 inches closer to or further from the device act as a director and narrow the beam angle from the device and thus "increase" the signal received. If a director happens to occur behind the sensor as much as 80% or more of its transmitted power could be going in the wrong direction.

( look at the "odd" bits of metal on a TV aerial, only one loop is actual acting as the aerial and only that is connected to the cable. The others are accurately sized screens and/or reflectors behind the aerial and directors in front of the aerial.

If wireless is what you really want then its either the Ricochet or the new Visonic which has frequency rotation and \"should\" overcome this.

does cost come into the equation?

with a low-price DIY install it usually does.

Yale HSA6400 Premium Wirefree Intruder Home Alarm Kit
£219 online

Visonic PowerMaster 10 Pro Kit
Home » Visonic PowerMaster 10 Pro Kit
£233.46

Texecom Ricochet Wireless Alarm Starter Kit (GBE-0001)

1 x Texecom Ricochet 32XP-W expander unit for the Texecom Premier range of control panels.
1 x Texecom Ricochet Premier Smart Keyfob
3 x Texecom Ricochet Prestige QD-W PIR
1 x Texecom Ricochet Impaq Plus-W shock sensor
1 x Texecom Ricochet Impaq Contact-W door or window contact
Software, Instructions and Auxiliary Bag
Frequency Band 868.0 MHz - 868.6 MHz

Price: £210.00
Plus panel (Premier 24) an extra £50 (includes) Keypad

So from a quick search the Texecom kit which is state of the art is hardly more expensive is it.
The Visonic again state of the art barely more expensive.

Dial out voice, yes one has.
External siren yes the same one
Multiple pin, with latch key so you know when your children come home yes the same one.

Do you usually try and cause an argument. I gave exact, one with more features and similar. How close do you want?
And we could search the internet all day and find cheaper prices, whether it is in stock is another matter.

so which of the two you mentioned is comparable in function? We'll disregard the one you say is not equivalent.

have you got a link to a reputable supplier who has them in stock, same as I did?

well that's funny. Is it the same as the one you mentioned before, the Visonic PowerMaster 10 Pro Kit at £233.46

the description doesn't mention a dial-out voice feature. You're sure it's included? I saw some of their other products mentioned an autodialler.

I see it's £288 inc VAT.

Do you usually try and cause an argument. I gave exact,
don't be silly Alarm, I mean Wiredup, I just like to be clear that we're accurately comparing like with like. I still want to make sure of the model, features and price. So far the model and price have changed from what you said earlier, so it doesn't look like you did give exact information. I want to check the voice dialler is included in this one.

If you were to have a look at the full specifications you would see it has voice reporting as well as sms and GSM capability. Not my fault the web page does not include the full manual. Although it is available I believe. As I said comparable with the first posters system.

Even the Yale link was plus vat that I had quoted earlier.
I`m not sure but you seem to want to try and disprove something. All I have done is give options which are comparable in cost which can overcome the issues mentioned before. What else can I say.

If you were to have a look at the full specifications you would see it has voice reporting as well as sms and GSM capability. Not my fault the web page does not include the full manual.
forgve my ignorance, but I did ask if it includes dial-out voice message on alarm

you posted the link. Whose fault is it, then, that the link you posted didn't include the requested information? Some of the other products on that website mention Autodiallers or PSTN capability. Your one doesn't.

OK. You have suggested an alternative system, which, for £100 extra, you say is technically superior.

I'm quite willing to believe that a more expensive product can be better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back