Yale 6400 signal loss?.

Well it has to be the web designers fault to not give out all the details, but they have a lot of products so probably give the basics. And a phone number.
From the prices I saw the difference is about £60. As before you can search all day and find a great price and it is not in stock. The system is better as if you look it cycles 50-60 times a second looking for a unjammed undisturbed access point. Something I believe from what has been said the other system does not do. Like I said just offering options.
A friend once said to me a car is a car, but I would rather a Porche to a Skoda :D

Sponsored Links
From the prices I saw the difference is about £60.

Ironmongery Direct Yale HSAS6400 price (includes 2 PIR, 2 door/window contacts, panerl with dialler and voice messaging, oner extyernal siren, one dumy diren box, in-stock:

Price £155 ex VAT; £186 inc VAT and next-day delivery

CTS Direct Visonic PowerMaster 10 Pro Kit , (includes 1 xPowerMaster 10 Panel, 2 x PIR's Standard, 2 x Pet PIR Cover, 1 x Door/Window Contact, 2 x Keyfob, 1 x External Sounder, stock not known (dialler and voice messaging not mentioned but Alarm Wiredup says they are included)

Price £240 ex VAT, £288 inc VAT, delivery not known

The difference between £288 and £186 is not £60. It is £102. that is 55% higher.

For a cost-sensitive DIY buyer that is of interest.

As I said you can run around the web all day long. No doubt I can find the Visonic cheaper. Another retailer just says call for a price so he is probably running a promotion. www.securitywarehouse.com if you want to call them.
I think your trying to make some sort of point here, what it is-is another question all together. I am only trying to assist, not have an argument over how many sites we can trawl to get the better prices. The point was about an item that will stop the posters problems. After two panels and moving them about the extra costing would now be next to nothing with time wasted and postage paid ect.
The prices I quoted are inclusive of delivery if you were to go to the check out. And show in stock. I assume you have access to the one you mentioned and know they have the stock or did you do as I did and try to order?
Like I said you seem to want to argue over this. I have no wish to and have provided more than enough information to make a comparison. Do have a good evening. I doubt I can add anymore than I have already.

I am always very anxious to make sure that informatrion is accurate and correct. Out of interest, I looked at the manufacturers website and various document for the Visionic.

As far as I can see, unlike the Yale (which phones keyholders and says, e.g., "This is a burglar alarm. 25 Rupert Street, Toytown. Please press 9 to acknowlege") the Visionic appears to phone and send various bleeps down the line. This is I think pretty bloody useless.

See page 52 of http://www.visonic.com/Data/Uploads/PowerMaster-10_30_User_Guide_English_D-303223.pdf

It will be interesting to know if Alarm Wiredup shows that this is wrong, or agrees that he made a mistake.

Sponsored Links
the Visionic appears to phone and send various bleeps down the line. This is I think pretty bloody useless.
As the number dialled is that of a person who will be aware of what to do then the bleep will be recognised for what they are. Also they can be recognised by an answering machine and the call be dealt with correctly when the designated person is not there to answer the phone.

As far as I can see, unlike the Yale (which phones keyholders and says, e.g., "This is a burglar alarm. 25 Rupert Street, Toytown. Please press 9 to acknowlege")
Putting the instruction of how to acknowledge the call into the message is not sensible. If the designated person's child answers the phone and follows instructions in the message and doesn't tell his parents then the call is lost but the panel acts as if it being dealt with by the designated person. Same if the call is mis-routed to a wrong number.

A single digit acknowledge "code" is in-secure.

Putting the address in clear text into the message is also a weak point in security. The designated person can use Number display to know the source of the alarm message if they are designated for more than one alarm system.

or to look at it another way, if your sister or buddy gets a phone call that goes "beeeeeeeeep" and they haven't given your alarm a moments thought since you asked them to be your keyholders three years ago, WTH do you suppose they are going to do?

Remember we are talking about a budget DIY system here, operated and answered by amateurs.

If you re-read the book you get a voice message then the tones.
Would you care to have another look and note your error.

If you re-read the book you get a voice message then the tones.
Would you care to have another look and note your error.
Don't forget he suddenly appeared hear and started singing the praises of YG3 et al.

Hi, although this is a very old post, hopefully it may still be of interest to someone and help...

I have a Yale 6400 series with the standard white control panel, digital display etc, two days ago it beeped and displayed "IR *** sensor offline" or similar words, I have never seen this before and there is no mention of this in any Yale manual, yellow light on, error log only showed AC failure. There definitely was NO AC failure..
I then checked the PIR sensor it said and it would no longer work... did all standard tests, walk test, delete and re-fit new device, none worked.

I then found that removing the PIR sensor and bringing it close to the control panel it started working, it accepted new device when pressing button. This made me wonder either if the control box was buggered or was something interfering with the signal.

The clever bit... no sensors, PIR, door or remote fob more than 10 feet away were no longer working..

I took the control unit off the wall and disabled the tamper, holding the remote fob within a few feet (arms length) of the control unit I wandered around the house pressing the Alarm off fob button, this makes the control panel beep twice.

Once I was about 15 feet away from the original control panel position the remote started working, as I moved closer to the original position it stopped... by gradually working my way around the house I ended up by the outside wall of my extension, I then thought NO...! on the other side of the wall, outside I had a Weather and temperature sensor which transmitted remotely to a display inside the house, it has been there for 5 years and the Yale alarm has been in operation 6 years without any problems. I then took the batteries out of the weather sensor transmitter fob and hey presto... all was working again.

Obviously it was chucking out some random interference at 433 ish Mhz, once I pit the batteries back in the weather unit all was still fine, so it was stuck in a temp spurious output, however I still wont be using it anymore.

So, there we are, a real story of interference, jamming that actually happened... I came about so close to buying another system for around £180, glad I persevered, I guess a new box would also have experienced the same problem.. I shall be writing to the Weather unit supplier to let them know as well.

PS, any similar problems, suspect any remote unit operating around the 433Mhz frequency,

Many thanks, hope this helps someone.

always good idea if your system is working and then stops to try and identify whats changed.

Hi, sorry, I don't understand the reply ?
Quote: "Weather and temperature sensor........ has been there for 5 years and the Yale alarm has been in operation for 6 years without any problems"

Nothing changed, well not for 5 years ha,ha...

Cheers

went round checking for a source of a problem and found it the change in the temperature sensor was found. its possible it was faulty or sometimes when batteries go low in these types of devices they are constantly throwing out a signal and acause issues.

you identified a change the fact the equipment had been in years is irrelevant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back