You know there's an election looming when...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wool becomes a sought after commodity...

Bojo has announced a halt on fracking (not a ban) in order to counter the promises of the opposition parties...

And yet he has hired a fracking lobbyist to help write the tory manifesto...

Should he do well in December, then we should expect a U-turn on the 'U-turn'!

Sponsored Links
Wool becomes a sought after commodity...

Bojo has announced a halt on fracking (not a ban) in order to counter the promises of the opposition parties...

And yet he has hired a fracking lobbyist to help write the tory manifesto...

Should he do well in December, then we should expect a U-turn on the 'U-turn'!

yes a U turn on fracking with a bit of luck ;)

Well waddya know...

Terrorism is now on the wane apparently - just in time for the election! :rolleyes:

Another one for the block list... how have I missed you before? Just so boring and not what this forum is about, stick to DIY talk.

Sponsored Links
I wish the political commentators on here would give us a link to the political forums they regularly post on. I’d like to go on those forums and ask them what boiler I should have or what type of insulation would be best for under my floorboards.

Errm this is general discussion forum so covers all topics as well you know

I wish the political commentators on here would give us a link to the political forums they regularly post on. I’d like to go on those forums and ask them what boiler I should have or what type of insulation would be best for under my floorboards.

If a political forum has a general discussion section, then that would be the place to ask such questions. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But notchy would probably tell you your choice of boiler & insulation is greatly reduced because of Brexit.
I would say look at the evidence and make an informed decision.

All brexiteers have left is childish comments.

I'm not a fan of causing earthquakes, but opponents of Fracking need to come up with a viable alternative, non-imported energy source.

I'm not a fan of causing earthquakes, but opponents of Fracking need to come up with a viable alternative, non-imported energy source.
Fracking was never going to be on the scale it is in the US, it's just a sop to corporates - mainly american!
The earthquake issue is the least of it's problems, but should bojo get a majority I wouldn't be surprised if the safety standards aren't lowered to the US ones.
And since it hasn't been banned and just halted, it could well start up again!

As for alternatives, then we'll have to keep on plugging the gap.
But we're a 'big trading nation' apparently (y)
We'll just have to carry on importing high value/volume goods and resources, and export ever increasingly low value ones.

Of course you could just ask the same question to bojo - we're 'on the verge of limitless fusion power' remember :)

If a political forum has a general discussion section, then that would be the place to ask such questions. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Do you think that there will be any members on a political forum that join up solely to ask DIY questions and give no political input because that would be silly, wouldn’t it?

Do you think that there will be any members on a political forum that join up solely to ask DIY questions and give no political input because that would be silly, wouldn’t it?

Yes it would be silly -perhaps you might like to ask somebody has done that why they are so silly -ask Ryler for example.

Sponsored Links
Back