you need a bbc tv licence after midnight again

I think your idea is sound as long as you and your boyfriend are thinking along the same lines.

For the rest of us in the real world - we'll just pay the small fee thanks all the same.

P.S. Just hope that your boyfriend is not a precious snowflake either.(y)

Sponsored Links
i am at a bit off a loss here
is this a very big wind up ??
to save 40p a day you are prepared to include your family in you mad cap ideas
not being funny but i thinks thats getting a bit out off control ??

i get up in the morning say what i want to who ever i like
hide from no one say what comes naturally without having to think
i do not have to be suspicious or waste time being paranoid or having to think before i talk
basically i can clear my mind and use all my energies for good ideas and helping people and having a laugh
which is essential at 62 as your faculties start to let you down :confused::D

Last edited:
It's just him and his boyfriend. He's the dominant one so his boyfriend does what he is told.

Any of Hawkbrains avoidance schemes will ENCOURAGE people to pay because they are so far fetched and convoluted. That's why millions pay and continue to enjoy the BBC and why hundreds of thousands are successfully convicted every year.

Sponsored Links
Just thought - or as a matter of interest:

Does anyone know why, or have a guess, watching BBC on catch-up was originally excluded from requiring a TV licence?

Didn't make much sense, did it?

After all, if the BBC needs funding in this way, what difference did they think it made when you watched the programmes?

i think it was to do with the origional wording as watch the television live rather than recorded on your vcr and watched later as catchup or other veiwing methods had not been thought off
so just updating the legislation to cover modern use

Does anyone know why, or have a guess, watching BBC on catch-up was originally excluded from requiring a TV licence?

After all, if the BBC needs funding in this way, what difference did they think it made when you watched the programmes?
When the wording was drafted, the BBC itself did not possess the technology to record its own output, so "watching it later" was a non-option, definitely so for a punter.
Or so they said on r5L, the other day.

Primarily the BBC was losing revenue because people were giving this an excuse. The same people now will be using harder avoidance tactics, some will pay not knowing any better. In an age of internet you can find out exactly what you need to know in minutes, I don't know who/why anyone would take the advice from a tabloid paper. I mean some of the dummies in this thread you'd think never wander across their search bar.

i think it was to do with the origional wording as watch the television live rather than recorded on your vcr and watched later as catchup or other veiwing methods had not been thought off
so just updating the legislation to cover modern use

lol

When the wording was drafted, the BBC itself did not possess the technology to record its own output, so "watching it later" was a non-option, definitely so for a punter.
Or so they said on r5L, the other day.

Or they are going broke.. hence why BBC3 was closed and dozens of radio stations on their world network.

So, it wasn't excluded, as such, just that the original wording said something indicating live watching and they 'forgot' to alter it.

Although I thought it was the 'receiving' that mattered.
You even had to have a licence if you only had a VCR and monitor (or TV but no aerial), or something like that, didn't you?

not being funny but i thinks thats getting a bit out off control ??

i get up in the morning say what i want to who ever i like
hide from no one say what comes naturally without having to think
i do not have to be suspicious or waste time being paranoid or having to think before i talk
basically i can clear my mind and use all my energies for good ideas and helping people and having a laugh
which is essential at 62 as your faculties start to let you down :confused::D

Ironically the one hiding is you, by being bullied into a buying something you have a right to decline. Like the precious little snow flake you are.

So, it wasn't excluded, as such, just that the original wording said something indicating live watching and they 'forgot' to alter it.

Although I thought it was the 'receiving' that mattered.
You even had to have a licence if you only had a VCR and monitor (or TV but no aerial), or something like that, didn't you?

With the internet and the sharing of information the BBC have found themselves with a dillema, they have recently been exposed by such things as the saville scandal, which has left such a skid mark on their reputation the smell will never go away. This has lead people to look about for what else the BBC has been hidding/harbouring since it's inception. Amongst the nattering in the grape vine people have started talking about how they don't need to pay for it at all, that some people never have, and of course why they shouldn't. Trust will never be regained by many, only it's total abolition will give faith back to people. Can you imagine being a victim or having a family member veing a victim of saville only for tv licencing to come to you begging for money? The same organisation that facilitated such monsters for decades.

In short BBC revenues have dropped for many reasons, not only loss of trust, they are becoming irrelevant and outdated as a broadcaster anyway, few now believe the lies BBC peddle through their news channels, in fact few believe news from all mainstream channels. Don't forget administration and over heads, the fact people are not watching or paying for BBC products due to having so much better choice elsewhere, they can't sell their programmes to other networks as easily, quality of programmes reduces further, it's a downward spiral,they lose again and again. The BBC is dying, it's becoming desperate, hence why recently there were pleas to get the BBC slung onto council tax. In Australia the tv licence was abolished centries ago, only in the UK we have such a thing as a tv licence, basically a corporate/private tax you don't even have to pay.

To answer your question directly, according to their rules you need a tv licence to watch live broadcast, the recent changes mean you now need a licence for BBC iplayer - according to their rules. In the process of lying to the public and tricking people into thinking they need a licence it became common practice for tv licensing salesmen to lie to the public and say that they need a tv licence because they have a tv. In doing so they defrauded millions for years, even by their own rules... the point is not what setup you have or whether you do/don't watch live broadcasts, the point of the matter to them is you don't have a licence and you want one. They want your money that is all, and you have a choice they don't want you to know about. Bartering with them about the ins and outs of their rules plays into their hands and will only land you in hot water, their objective is and has always been to take your money, they couldn't care less if you have an aerial cable but it's not plugged in.. if you invited the fuker round they would plug it in and say you watch live telly (as per the video).

Last edited:
To answer your question directly, according to their rules you need a tv licence to watch live broadcast,
That was my point.

If the BBC want funding in this way, what idiot decided on only live broadcasts?
Does it not need paying for if you watch it an hour later? Or is it second-hand by then?

They used to make £50M p.a. (I believe) from Top Gear - that's 344,000 licences.

That was my point.

If the BBC want funding in this way, what idiot decided on only live broadcasts?
Does it not need paying for if you watch it an hour later? Or is it second-hand by then?

They used to make £50M p.a. (I believe) from Top Gear - that's 344,000 licences.

Because it sounds completely retarded and unreasonable otherwise, you own a bottle of shampoo you got to pay shampoo tax.. you know,.. but it ended up being that retarded because for years goons would lie that you need a licence just because you own a tv and many people think that even now. In fact when you buy a tv in this country from a shop the shop has an obligation to pass your details onto tv licensing.. so it's assumed you watch live broadcasts just because you own a telly.. god forbid that's not the case or even shock horror there is no telly at all.. just a telly vacant room with a book shelf in place of it.. a book shelf ??!?!?! If you try buying a television without giving your personal details the customer assistance person would look at you like you've just sh1t yourself, because they train them to only accept the information, they are never preparded for a no thanks I'm not giving my name, that fukcs the system up entirely, can't continue with purchase :ROFLMAO:

According to their rules if you watch BBC iplayer or live broadcasts of any kind you need a licence, if you watch other catchup sotware (I use Kodi) or another channels player like channel 4 on demand you don't need one even by their own rules. The problem is though once you've got the facility to stream through an internet connection the propensity is there for you to view BBCs i player even if you never touch it.. this gives them the implied right they need to to keep harrasing you even though you don't need a licence by their own rules. It's not evidence based, it's implied by them as though you are guilty because it's never about evidence it's about money. They don't give a fukc quite frankly, just pay. If you let a salesmen to view the equipment, they would get you to use your computer to go onto the bbc i player website even if you never go on there normally, so that they can say you need a licence... see this is what I'm trying to drum in.. evidence/law these terms don't apply, it's a game. You either win or you lose so play the game to win.

Sponsored Links
Back