YOUR driving habits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another new thread prompted this, Over the years everyone picks up bad habits. Here's the place to air yours. Come on, you'll feel better. We're not all perfect!

I have recently, subconsciously, started to take my foot off the brake (or release the handbrake) before selecting first gear. I was taught that the gear should be selected and the clutch biting, before releasing the handbrake. Not a major thing I know.

I think this is partly because I drive a diesel these days, and its so much harder to stall a diesel, so I will sit at the lights biting the clutch with no gas, as much as I dare without stalling :LOL: I use/slip the clutch much more now than I did in a petrol car.

I also spin the steering wheel with the ball of my hand when doing tight manoeuvres. I'm such a bad person :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I drive most of the time with just my right hand as my left one aches after driving a while.

Sometimes my diesel stalls quite easily, especially when hot in slow traffic.

I drive most of the time with just my right hand as my left one aches after driving a while.
Glad its not just me tim. I will drive with the left hand resting on the bottom of the steering wheel, but I cant have it up top for any length of time. Wierd eh.

hope its not indicative of potential heart problems? being its the left side affected

Sponsored Links
elbow on the window sil, right hand on the wheel at about the 3 o'clock position ( where the cross arm meets the wheel.. ), and the left hand scratching the old plums...

elbow on the window sil, right hand on the wheel at about the 3 o'clock position ( where the cross arm meets the wheel.. ), and the left hand scratching the old plums...
must be an old man thing :LOL:

i drive with my feet crossed for a laugh. Plus I once had a bet with my mate who could use the clutch the least between our respective houses, I won with a single clutch depression. The distance was about 10 miles BTW. These days I couldn't tell you what my bad habits are I pay so little attention to driving (I guess that's it then total lack of attention)

i drove an automatic for years and only just gone back to a manual...i wished i never :cry: snailing in traffic jams takes it out of the old left leg with the clutch ;)

At night i drive with my left hand just of the bottom of the steering wheel ..... resting on the girlfriend head ;)

Rolling fags whilst driving and eating while driving. Neither of which is condoned by the DOT or whatever its called these days

I have been known to pick my nose while driving... lol

Got none.

I'm Mr Perfect! :LOL: :LOL:

Nah, to be honest think my worst trait is using my right hand only while my left rests on top of the gear stick.
Wife usually sits in the back when I drive because she says she likes to admire me. :confused: (strange woman! :eek: )

i still drive at the 10 to 2 position,dont touch the gear lever unless its to change gear,never ride the clucth,always mirror signal manouver,always drive at 28 mph in a 30,never drive above 70 on a motorway.just like i was taught. :LOL:

yeah right. :rolleyes:

as a footnote who thinks they could pass there test again(taking out the 1st part)coz most of us old farts only got asked about 5 questions on the highway code,THE MOST BORING BOOK EVER PRINTED. :LOL: how tedious was it when we were learning?

wife sits in the back because she wants people to think she's being charitable by giving a really ugly bloke a job as a chaufer maybe..?

Sponsored Links
Back