your worst boilers to work on

Poxy Envoys!

Harworth Heating conversions (Any of them)!!!!!

Nouvelles !

Holden Heat houses!! (I still have 2 on books) :cry:

Radiants!

Plus most of those already mentioned!!

Why do I do this f###ing job??? :confused:

Sponsored Links
ideal full stop are ****e

idael sprint ****e
ideal concord ****e
ideal response ****e (especially the main heat exchanger thats leaks alll the time) oh whats that ideal dont work on responses even if under warranty anymore i wonder fuking why!!
forolli modena infact all forolli boilers a ****e :rolleyes:
has anyone worked on the forolli arena (did you have fun?)

ideal concord with the wing nuts at the back if its your first time working on them itll take you 2 hours to figure out how they have designed the case what a ****e boiler

i now realise ideal make ****e boilers i only like the ideal classic and ideal icos and thats only becuase ive worked on them enough times every other ideal boiler is ****e why its taken me so long to realise they are a ****e manufacture i dont know

vailants are the only true manufacture i can say are any good. quality boilers i only put vailants boilers in and never anything else. and when your changing parts they even give you washers and spare screws if needed vailiants are on the engineers side unlike everyone else ;)

i seriously do not understand why people love worcester boilers they are ****e. i can only name 3 worcester boiler that are any good and thats the 24i the 24i junior and the 28si 2 other than that every other worcester boiler is ****e even when i phone worcester technical they sie when i read out the GC number for the greenstar pile of ****e i wish i could sue worcester and ideal for flooding our country with ****e boilers

I hated the junior when i first fitted them.I am pretty sure i wasnt alone in having nightmare's with the auto air vent's not being fitted correct at the factory.I must have spent 2 - 3 hours the first time,as i tried in vain to get it pushed down and clipped in correct.I hated the flexi you had to connect up as well,but after a short while,i remember fitting one and the a.a.v was a bit different and the flexi a bit longer which made life easier by a long way. I had to do a diverter on a 28 cdi on sunday,i had a valve but no new washers so i went and changed the diapraghm and got lucky even though i had to takje the plate heat ex out ,no leaks.I hate the thought of changing the whole valve,i would rather do the 240 valve,even if i ended up soldering the telescopic fitting,all a nightmare though

i remember a bank of potterton prima's, 4 connected to a common flow and return about ten yrs old.
the were nothing but total junk held together good will and hope, well having serviced them the year before i managed to id 1 and cut it off.
so they did no more than replace it with a new prima.
I thought the old ones were bad,
after 6 months the bloody burner melted :eek:

Sponsored Links
the stanley oil fired cooker/boiler bad design and s..t to service

Why worry about the service man when the finished look is like this...........

Stanleycookers.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back