your worst boilers to work on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wondering what you guys consider to be some of the worst boiler to work on are. my list goes a little something like this:

all saunier duval hate the lot of em i gladly turn away saunier duval

worcester bosch 26 CDi extra (what the hell was they thinking when they made this boiler. everything is hard to get to and to change the heat box you have to strip everything out of the boiler never again) :eek:

worcester bosch 24CDi i never did understand why this boiler gets soo much happy talk its not as good as people make out then again once youve done a few there not to bad to work on

all chaffoteaux et Maury (eehh!!!!)

anyway thats my lot

Sponsored Links
sd must be number one

heatlines are a nightmare because they are always installed by Cowboy de Luxe, dogy controls, lethal electrics, undersized and botched pipe and so on

ravenheat partially because they are also cowboy prone and the multiple boards can be an issue and a 200plus quid a set, you don't want to take risks

yeah the amount of times ive been called out to ravenheat boilers and the customer has taken the combustion chamber of them selves!!!! :eek: :eek:

i find the casing system on them pretty **** cant understand why they need to make the combustion cover so fidly so for that reason yeah dont like em on the plus side though if the case is not on properly the pressure switch wont make

The chaffoteaux celtic,with the expansin vessel on the front,so if your working high up,its a nightmare as its awkward and not very light.I hate them and old ariston were you had to take the boile off the wall to replace at least 3 parts. I dont rae the worcester greenstar he system boilrs,the fan you need to take the gas pipe out and its a right pain

Sponsored Links
The only boiler which I will not repair is the Sonya Duval becase it leaks everywhere.

If I am not busy then I will cover combustion related problems but NEVER leaks!!!

All other boilers I will repair!

Tony

The only boiler which I will not repair is the Sonya Duval becase it leaks everywhere.

If I am not busy then I will cover combustion related problems but NEVER leaks!!!

All other boilers I will repair!

Tony

cor woaahh ive got some jobs for you then in the future my freind :eek: :eek:

Why gas? You always seem to mention them as the alternate choice to Vaillant.

ANYTHING that has had a blinking cupboard built round it.

Hmmm Perhaps I'm odd...I like the Greenstars

Why gas? You always seem to mention them as the alternate choice to Vaillant.

Just because I think of them as a main stream alternative to Vaillant, although I wouldn't fit one, doesn't mean I know how to fix them :eek:

Admittedly I was referring mainly to the older ones and have only been out to 1 new Greenstar, but this took me 3 times as long to fix as I had to read all th MI's first to know how to set it up :oops:

Turned out it was an LPG version that had LPG stickers all over it but for some reason was set running as NG :confused:

Nearly blew my FGA off the CO scale :LOL:

Older worcesters, I find were never designed to be worked on easily and the few I have done took ages to stop leaking afterwards, hence I don't offer repairs anymore, just basic servicing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back