ZE @ sub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was browsing through some posts last night (quiz night was cancelled due to some bloody fottie match) and I read that ZE at a sub is irrellevant and the parent boards ZE is used and does that mean the feed to sub is treated as a circuit and ZS recorded and all the subs circuits likewise? I always looked at it thus the supply to the sub should be at or damn close to the ZE at the main board allowing for volt drop if not youve done some thing wrong I know that there is exceptions static vans come to mind but as I have found out that is generally down to assuming that 2.5 swa will suit all needs
DM

Sponsored Links
The Ze at the parent board is always measured. Then You Zs the sub board (theoretically like you say this is Ze of the sub board)

This is also recorded. An example is a current job i'm on.

House rewired with supply for garage.

On 1st I&T report I measure Ze at the intake and record and Zs of all circuits record these down.

One of these Zs is supply to Garage, this value is also recorded in

'Ze at this board' on the 2nd I&T report and subsequently the Zs for the circuits in the garage are recorded here.

So 2 boards (Main and a Sub) I&T report for each

Cheers Oharaf it,s pretty much what I pratice I think the post I read meant that the ZE at sub is infact as you say ZS at that board
DM

Cheers Oharaf it,s pretty much what I pratice I think the post I read meant that the ZE at sub is infact as you say ZS at that board
DM

It's Zs at the end of the distribution circuit which feeds the sub board.

It's also know as Zdb.

Sponsored Links
So 2 boards (Main and a Sub) I&T report for each

Report as in PIR? If so, then one PIR, one schedule of inspections and two sets of schedule of test results - one for each board.

Or if you're installing the boards then one EIC, one schedule of inspections and two sets of schedule of test results - one for each board.

Thanks for that Gary, nursing a touch of Black Sheep Fever today so can't recall all the bits Zdb nice one

Zdb was something mentioned to us when on our C&G 2391 course.
It makes a lot of sense to call it that.

Black Sheep? Is that a local brew?
I'm not a drinker so I guess it could be anything really!

OOI, has your location changed or am I going mad?

Yes, i make a 3 times yearly Haj to Masham and spend the weekend touring the brewery and going to the beer fes.

I bet you that if I shopped at Morrisons that I wouldn't be better off :p (60 mile round trip)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back