zwave external proximity sensors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know a way I can have proximity sensors or some kind of zwave detection system in my garden and side passageway to the house, alert me if one (ideally two) beams are broken and possibly switch on the flood light in that area and set the CCTV to record?

We're building a house so we have total freedom with no restrictions....yet on running cables etc. Ideally I would prefer some wired solution to save on batteries.

Sponsored Links
GJD Dygizone and PIRs + floodlights will take care of the perimeter. Hooked up to a CCTV DVR will trigger an event to view easily at any time if the recorder is recording full time.

Thing is I want iPhone notification of perimeter breaches which cannot be done with GJD lighting.

Also what if the camera are not recording all the time?

Sponsored Links
Thing is I want iPhone notification of perimeter breaches which cannot be done with GJD lighting.

Also what if the camera are not recording all the time?
I get an email notification via my iPhone on every breach along with an image of the breach. In fact I get the same to my watch allowing me to simply tilt my wrist to view, I guess it all depends on your recorder used and its facilities.

There would be no difference with my set up if the DVR only recorded on a perimeter breach but I choose to have my cameras recording 24/7.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back