Your usual evening

S

Sombrero

Is it TV? or do you read? or make balsa wood models..?

What does society do these days of an evening, seeing as no-one was on here tonight !

Sponsored Links
Well I went downstairs for my tea when Mrs Pred returned from flower arranging, then on my way back up to the computer room my Stahna stair lift ground to a halt with a sickening jerk, talking of Jerks where's Joe90, have I missed anything? Is he watching his idol Peter Andre, watching C block H or trolling the the old issues of tiling to prove a point, pore sad basket, he should get out more often and get a life..

Is it TV? or do you read? or make balsa wood models..?

Funny you should say that. A couple of days ago my wife returned from a choir outing near Kendal with a present for me. A wooden assembly kit of a beam engine, which I have enjoyed making.

It keeps her happy!

Home from the office at 18:30, DIY until 21:00 then a bite to eat and some trash on TV.

I suspect I'll be repeating this for at least another couple of years at this rate!

Sponsored Links
Home from the office at 18:30, DIY until 21:00 then a bite to eat and some trash on TV.

I suspect I'll be repeating this for at least another couple of years at this rate!

N.B. You can't rush a good job.. :LOL:

Home at 6:15 then either sit down for supper or lash up something quick for me and RR Junior if Mrs RR is away.

Cup of tea, wash and floss teeth (stops me snacking through the evening) then always do something around the house, whether it's a small cleaning job or some DIY or bike maintenence or ironing the collars on my shirts (rest doesn't get ironed) or cut the grass or clean the car. Then more tea, some TV and bed at 10:00.

Once a week in summer I get home from work then go straight out for a blast on the roadie with my cycling buddy; last Wednesday it was a quick 23 miler with about 1400 ft of climbing, damn hard ride at average 15.8 mph. Snack and shower after then bed.

Don't climb, but I remember the days when I used to go out for a "quick" 50 mile bike ride..... ;)

I can just about muster the energy to dribble in front of my monitor.

Don't watch much tele unless it is sport, the news or U.C. or a juicy film, though I struggle to stay awake for the whole film.

Home at 5.30. Emptied all my tools and carp from the car so that I can get it cleaned tomorrow.

Watched The Chase

Cooked the dinner followed by a Tunnock's Tea cake (that's a must).

On here while Squeakette watches A place in the Sun

BellEnders at 8.00 (love to hate it)

2 hours of more tv rubbish then bed.

Blue Water tomorrow (Yikes!).

Summertime, Usually get home around 4:30 -5 ish. Quick bite to eat , then out on the golf course for at least nine holes, then call in the clubhouse for a few pints. This is at least twice or three times a week. (just wish my eldest son would take up golf , or at least caddying:LOL: ) Saturdays and Sundays are either spent on the golf course again ( medal comps , club comps etc) or fishing. Some evenings in the summer I enjoy going sea fishing for a few hours. Nothing much to do come autumn and winter though .

Summertime, Usually get home around 4:30 -5 ish. Quick bite to eat , then out on the golf course for at least nine holes, then call in the clubhouse for a few pints. This is at least twice or three times a week. (just wish my eldest son would take up golf , or at least caddying:LOL: ) Saturdays and Sundays are either spent on the golf course again ( medal comps , club comps etc) or fishing. Some evenings in the summer I enjoy going sea fishing for a few hours. Nothing much to do come autumn and winter though .

so on those autumn winter evenings, how do you spend your time? TV? reading? golf mags? surfing the net?

Usually watch a bit of TV, surf the web or perhaps watch a film on Netflix. Weekend nights though are reserved for the pub , British Legion or Club. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are Darts and Dominoes nights too (depending if I'm in the mood) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back