Do you ever work on your birthday?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to this evening, although I did consider swapping tonight with somebody else and work another night but it looks like I couldn't due to a shortage of staff.

Oh well, I still might be getting a few drinks on the house tonight when I've finished my shift.

Does anybody else here work on their birthday or take the time off if say it isn't a special birthday or anything?

Sponsored Links
Its never occured to me not to work on my birthday, the only birthday I don't go to work on is that bloke that wears sandles. ;)

Sponsored Links
Last wensday june 25th was my 42nd anniversary we both worked.
I do take sandels day off like you.

mine was sunday this year and i still worked, so no, since my 18th and 21st they havent been deemed as special to me, paying the bills and keeping the mortgage paid makes me happy :cool:

i once forgot it was my birthday whilst working away in London.

a very intensive job. :rolleyes:

me mom rang and wished me many happy returns. cheered me up a bit but the job was still rubbish though.

Hi, all,
Here's my don't work on your b/day story, all guaranteed true.

A year last March 9th, (My B/d) I was working away in the atelier (shed)
My wife had gone out to a class and was going for lunch with friends after.
(in the local Wetherspoons)
She phoned me on her way to class and said, that as it was my B/d I should take an 'early' and join them all in t pub.
I was hesitant, (!) but eventually she persuaded me.
I decided that if I was going to finish early, I might as well down tools and bugger off down the high St. and have a butchers in the antique shops.
There is also a junk shop called locally Mucky Mollys Junk Shop.
I don't normally bother with it, but as I was still half an hour early, I went in, there amongst the rubbish was the best and largest Cantoneese carved ivory box I've ever seen. (It was in bits but they all seemed to be there.)
I bought it for £2.50p, put it together and sold it in Portobello for £500.
That was a good Birthday, I bought a bottle of Bolly for laters.

i always work on my birthday (unless its a weekend)
my wife has always booked the day off work for her birthday

...the only birthday I don't go to work on is that bloke that wears sandles. ;)
That's the best day in the year to work: no phone calls or emails and letters to answer, just peace and quiet. I get more done on that day than any other. And if the weather's ok, out comes the bike in the afternoon for a blat on empty roads, whilst everyone is else is having their post nosebag slumber or watching the tat on the tv. Perfect.

I'm a farmer, so it's 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I do try to take it easy on my birthday, though. Christmas is another story - smack in the middle of the olive harvest.

birthday, good friday, easter sun/mon, bank hols, xmas eve, boxing day new years eve / day st swithins day you name it I work. still on the bright side only 7 years left :LOL:

... the only birthday I don't go to work on is that bloke that wears sandles. ;)

You don't work on my 18th June? Nice gesture :cool:

TBH, this is something I've been thinking of [not] doing for a while now, and I think I'll make it a rule to have the day off in future. Only 354 days to go :(

Sponsored Links
Back