Hope The Thug Goes To Prison

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
i don't think we're disagreeing, except..... in the context of this guys job he had to be aggressive or at least assertive.. so a strong push against a big guy could either have no effect, or could knock him over...

and this guy got knocked over... and then died.... i think the guy should've left the area ....

Sponsored Links
for example, kettling is an extreme abuse of civil liberties.

As is riotous behaviour. I believe in peaceful protest, but far too often protests are hijacked by a minority, hellbent on causing mayhem and destruction. (you only have to look at the student riots to see that)

Is kettling a bad thing? Surely, if the protest march has a designated route, the organisers and the police have a duty to ensure protesters stay to the agreed route? If you agree with this, then how do the police make sure they stick to the agreed route?

What makes you think Ian Tomlinson wans't trying to leave the area? Perhaps he wanted to take his usual route home, but was prevented from doing so by the police who assumed (wrongly) he was one of the protesters?

Sponsored Links
i think the guy should've left the area ....

Read the report, he was trying to leave the are but was prevented from doing so on a number of occasions by the police.

1. 1855: Mr Tomlinson leaves Monument station to head home

2. 1859: He walks north along King William Street, but is turned back by police

3. 1902: The newspaper seller sits on a wall before cutting through onto Lombard Street

4. 1906: A few minutes later, he comes into contact with police again on Lombard Street

5. 1915: Mr Tomlinson then passes through Change Alley and is diverted again by more police officers

And the moral of this story, if you are ever caught in a riot on your way home from work lift the nearest heavy blunt object you can find and start whalloping cops with it.
If you dont they may kill you first.

Only joking.

He even had his feckin hands in his pockets. :evil:
Yeah, and if you push somebody with that force when they have got their hands in their pockets, there is a very good chance that person is going to go down and hit their head.
We see the results of people hitting their heads on pavements all too often in the papers. A drunken fight, a punch, and somebody goes to prison for manslaughter.
Ian Tomlinson managed to get his hands out of his pockets in time, but he may well not have.
It has to be pointed out that most healthy people wouldn't have died of internal injuries resulting from a push, but we all know PC Harwood was dealing this kind of abuse out to lots of other innocent bystanders, not just Ian Tomlinson. He was caught on camera four times, so how many other innocent people did he attack?

And the thug cop had a scarf around his face. :eek:

Terrorist!
He wasn't even supposed to be involved. He was a designated driver and was actually supposed to have stayed with his vehicle.

I must admit I'm really enjoying reading this thread

Its very funny watching people who are so dogmatic and narrow minded on other threads suddenly face up to people who are doing the same thing on this thread to them, despite LOTS of clear evidence to the contrary.

Its also interesting how personal experience plays a large part in how people develop a viewpoint.

For example cumbria hates the old plod because he was badly treated by a couple of them even though he came to no long term harm

Yet he fails to comprehend in other threads why people from other countries might hate the west when they have invaded their countries and slaughtered 1000s of their people .......interesting eh

For the record the copper who did this guy tomlinson should be sent down and made an example

I don't want to live in a police state

We don't always get to see what is shown in court so there was more to this chaps attitude than meets the eye.

That officer was filmed on other occasions during the riot pushing people over needlessly. One was a camera man who at one time was stood next to him. The officer was a complete nut case and was probably on a wager with his mates to see how many he could mess up.

With luck his job as a police officer is over and I hope others of his nature are taken note.

From now on the police will use a loud hailer and ask rioters to leave an area quietly.

There are a lot of delicate folks out there who simply will not have the ability to resist a push to the ground without dying.

The next thing there will be folk up in arms asking why the police don't do enough during riots.

If you are a trained RIOT OFFICER presumably you have some f######g idea what a
RIOTER looks like!

I know maybe the slightly confused, shuffling old man, with his back to me and his hands in his pockets ISNT A RIOTER

Perhaps I shouldn't try to hide my identity which is illegal as well

From now on the police will use a loud hailer and ask rioters to leave an area quietly.

There are a lot of delicate folks out there who simply will not have the ability to resist a push to the ground without dying.

The next thing there will be folk up in arms asking why the police don't do enough during riots.
Not sure how many times you need to be told, but this chap was going about his lawful business (trying to get home) he was not a rioter or rioting.

Since some still seem to think that Tomlinson's 'history' and state of mind is relevant, then it's only fair to point out that the plod in question is rather dubious himself...

Policeman who struck Ian Tomlinson faced two previous aggression inquiries

Pc Harwood left the Metropolitan Police a decade ago amid controversy over an alleged off-duty road rage incident, then got a job with Surrey Police, where he was accused of using excessive force.

He could now face disciplinary charges over the death of Mr Tomlinson, and could also be the subject of an internal investigation by the Met into how he was allowed to rejoin the force despite having an unresolved disciplinary matter on his record.

The married 43 year-old had been due to face a misconduct hearing over the alleged road rage incident, understood to have happened in the late 1990s, but instead retired on medical grounds.

A few years later, the father of two rejoined the Met as a civilian computer worker before applying to Surrey Police for a job as a police constable in May 2003.

A spokesman for Surrey Police said: “He applied to become a Pc with us in 2003. Following our vetting procedure, liaising with the Met Police and passing a medical examination, he was accepted.

“He was full and frank about his history.

“Surrey Police had no concerns at the time and he followed the standard procedure for everybody.”

Pc Harwood spent a year and half working in Surrey before applying to be transferred back to the Met in the autumn of 2004. However, during his time at Surrey he faced a complaint about his alleged behaviour while on duty.

The force spokesman said: “There was a thorough internal investigation and the claim was subsequently found to be unsubstantiated and no further action was taken.”

Pc Harwood returned to the Met in November 2004, but it is unclear whether the force was aware of the previous misconduct procedure, or whether there had been a failure in its vetting process.

By the time of the G20 protests last year, Pc Harwood was working with the Met’s territorial support group (TSG), which provides an immediate response to spontaneous disorder anywhere in London.

And nice to see the 'efficiency' of plods vetting procedure...

Q. "Are you a thug"?
A. "Yes"

"Good, you'll do nicely in the TSG"!

LMB, Here's an excerpt from the TSG training manual

"Should an officer in full riot gear meet a pedestrian shuffling along with his hands in his pockets, with his back to the officer, the officer should;- Place a scarf over his own face to conceal his identity. Remove any external badges which may later identify him.(unless he has already done so). Approach the intended victim/pedestrian, with his baton fully extended behind him and strike heavily on the legs/back of the aforementioned victim/pedestrian, before shoving the victim/pedestrian heavily to the ground. No warning should be given to the victim/pedestrian before commencement of this action. TSG officers should be aware however that the media/passersby may have in their possession, video/digital cameras and therefore should try and position themselves in such a place as to be obscured from the view of these people..
Officers are further reminded that should the victim/pedestrian later die, the Met will use a pathologist of dubious integrity to ensure the victim/pedestrian, died of natural causes."

You couldn't make it up. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back