CLEANING MINIMISER BOILER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its unfortunate I came to a site where childish banter takes precedent over intelligent discussion. Sad ****** plumbers, obviously.

Sponsored Links
SWALLOWTIP said:
Its unfortunate I came to a site where childish banter takes precedent over intelligent discussion. Sad ****** plumbers, obviously.

Oooook ...... It ain't rocket science ........ But it involves contravening a few regulations ........... If your dead set on doing it ......... Read the service manual thoroughly........

Theres folks on ebay that sell dvd's with boiler manuals on em ..... Perhaps you could start there..... Just ensure you know what ya getting ya self into before you start

Good Luck

You should really buy yourself a £500 flue gas analyser so that you can check the combustion parameters before and after.

Tony

Agile your exactly what makes forums like this a waste of time. I guess you feel your being smart.

Sponsored Links
I guess you feel your being smart.

Really?, I guess he's wondering why he bothers to give advice to someonne who already thinks they know better.

What exactly are you trying to pick a fight for?. I for one now hope you do attempt it yourself just to save one of my colleagues the vitriol it seems you feel is due to all plumbers / heating engs.

Be nice though and I'll help you not bogger it up when you do it.....bet you can't.

A forum without a bit of banter and micktaking tends to become quite a boring forum.

I'm finding myself on this forum more and more - not because of asking too many questions (or even one question then vanishing) but because I find it interesting - both in the technical content and the humour and banter between the users.

I think that calling the users "****** plumbers" is a little harsh (I am definitely not a plumber) - yes they can be piddletakers but I have seen a hell of a lot of knowledge on here from them and its even funnier when they start bickering between themselves.

I'd like to say thanks to the majority of them for making this forum an interesting and fun place to waste some of my spare time in :mrgreen:

Ollski....
OK I am not trying to pick a fight. I started out politely asking advice as to whether cleaning this boiler was a diy possibility. The reply I get is
''What the f*** do you think the major part of servicing involves?'' I doubt if this would be the reply in a face to face situation so why this abuse cos we are online.
Now I'm told to get a £500 bit of kit. It would have been nice had someone either just said it is not safe or that special equipment is needed, or maybe explained as to whether I could safely opened and close the inner panel just to see inside or not. That's the sort of response I was expecting. Like I said I'm not picking a fight, was just looking for a bit of friendly advice.

You proved you are incompetent since you didn't think to even read the manufacturers instructions - they will tell you precisely what is required for a service. However in addition you will then require various other documents (referred to in the MI's) to carry out the other safety checks and procedures require by legislation.

Part of the process also involves checking correct combustion, that requires the use of a flue gas analyser (an expensive calibrated piece of equipment you are unliklely to posess).

The regulars have given their advice and will not condone reckless work on a boiler. You choose to berate them and chuck your toys out the pram.

Do you really expect us to give the go ahead for you to risk the safety of yourself and others on a public forum?

I never did expect anyone to condone my putting myself or anyone else in danger by working on a boiler when I have no idea how to go about it. The reason I asked was precisely BECAUSE I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT, but thought maybe cleaning this thing could be at least partially done without the need to remove bits or use special gear. This don't mean I was certain I could do this myself, just hoped maybe It would be possible. I have certainly taken on board what was said and wont be messing with it. I don't happen to be stupid.

Agile your exactly what makes forums like this a waste of time. I guess you feel your being smart.

I advised you quite politely that if you wanted to service your boiler then you would need an FGA.

You then posted that bit of rudeness!

I am a serious boiler engineer. I dont engage in any "banter" but instead just give serious advice.

Have you heard of the expression "casting pearls before the swine"? Do you know where it comes from?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back