Cats

Hi Steve.
Cats may have a right to roam just as we can, but I have no right to dump in your garden so why on earth should a cat have the right.
I think your are suffering from selective double standards here, treat the things as if they had human rights (which they haven't) on one hand and super human rights (Dumpinng in neighbours gardens where humans have not got this right). So you elevate the creatures to a level above that which mere humans can't reach.
Sounds as if you have your standards wrong somewhere - or maybe it is just me who does not want to be beneath cats in the pecking order Eh!

Sponsored Links
better stop the birds doing it as well then, and the foxes, and the mice, the voles, the squirrels................this is going to become a long list!

When i moved in to my house the neighbours cat was using my back garden for a toilet, she knew it was doing it.
She would open her back door at 7am, cat runs out, jumps over fence, takes a dump, back over fence, back in her house, every day.

I have two little girls who like to play in the garden and i won't allow it to continue.

I explain the situation to her, she is not happy.
I give her 1 week to sort it, she says what can i do its been ****ting there for 15 years :rolleyes:
I week later,its still doing it.
So next day i wait with large lump of concrete, as it jumps over i launch the concrete...i missed it by about 1mm..but...she saw it all.

Next day...no cat at 7am or the next day or the next or ever again.
She keeps it inside and has trained it to **** in a litter tray.

The lady next door hates me but my girls don't have to play in her cats filth.

I can live with that ;)

Sponsored Links
Collect the piles after a few days, and return them to the owner as mentioned, knock on the door with a shovel full and explain," your cats dropped this, and i thought i'd better return it."

Stealing by finding :LOL:

As already mentioned, It is fairly impossible to train a cat. However i haven't seen yet mentioned the responsibility of the owners. As I have 3 cats, I have purposefully created an area at the bottom of the garden with several inches of bark as a litter area for the cats. Now I know that they don't use it all the time as I have seen them digging the neighbours garden, but they do use it. My view is that as a responsible owner I need to provide adequate facilities for my cats to try and discourage them from pooing in other peoples garden.

Thermo, you miss the point. We understand that the animals you quote and more, poo in the country side. but we don't domesticate these animals. Cats are domesticated animals and as such their owners should accept responsibility for them. There are responsible cat owners around and some have thankfully taken part in this discussion and their contribution has been to suggest several ways of training these animals ie cat litters in their own garden. These Cat owners are to be admired as they accept other peoples problems. If we are to domesticate animals we should do it properly and not ignore the consequenses to others of their domestication.

They are now in my veg patch, eaten (not the cats) by my children and my grandaugthter.

They will not be there tomorrow :evil:

I get them once every five yrs

Cats are not ****tin on my kids food.

if the cats climb on top of your Brussel Sprout plants to **** on them, they must be very highly trained.

they usually do it in the earth, preferaby soft, loose and either sandy, or freshly dug.

My vegetables grow in soil which has been throughly manured with FYM, garden compost and stable muck. Not sure a bit of cat **** will make much difference. The potatoes are deep enough under the surface not to be touched, but cats don't climb under the haulms anyway. They like open ground.

Dogs are more of a problem with the blindness worm, and they like to leave their **** on the lawn. Luckily I don't have a dog.

Planted 180 primroses and pansies at the weekend and this morning Mrs B found that around 30 had been dug up by a new neighbours cat. When I complained he said, " What do expect, it's a cat?". He now has 2 piles of cat poo on his doorstep.

But the issue there is not stoppong the cats from doing there business, but makling sure the owners worm the cats.

Sponsored Links
Back