What is DIN rail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the DIN rail the metal bar that the breakers are clipped to?Is there a pic available?
What does DIN stand for?

Sponsored Links
DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung e.V. (German Institute for Standardization; similar to US ANSI)
DIN Darned If I Know
DIN Data Identification Number

Lots More..Think 2nd one is best

(Deutsche Industrie Norman) A German standard that defines mechanical configurations.
Consumer%201.jpg

;)

Thank you both for your replies.
pipme,
Would you explain the annotation in your pic, ie. what's the name of what's doing what and why?

Sponsored Links
--tom, go and read a book and stop being so lazy. You are not entitled to permanent spoon-feeding, unless you're still in nappies.

--tom said:
pipme,
Would you explain the annotation in your pic, ie. what's the name of what's doing what and why?

I will spoon feed you a little piece of info, if you right click on the pix, you may see, under image properties, or something similar, this:- http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/images/Consumer 1.jpg
Which is what I found with a swift Google search .. so toddle on down to http://www.diydoctor.org.uk find consumer unit and have a read ... hokay ? ;)

--tom said:
pipme,

Tell you what, tom.

YOU tell US what you think the parts in the picture are, and we'll tell you whether you're right or not.

Tis a better way to learn.

Thank you all for your replies, sorry you'r not feeling well.
As a matter of interest, the North Korean nuclear power station re-wire is going quite well thanks to all the info. Perhaps i can put a word in for you chaps.

The din-rail standard was dreamt up by various consumer unit makers, however they did not standardise enough, hence different breaker makes aer NOT interchangeable with one another.

kai said:
............ aer NOT interchangeable with one another.
Neither, within the english language, are the characters a : r : e which comprise the word 'are'.
Aircraft have crashed due to transposed alpha numerics in documents ouy wonk ? ;)

Thank you Kai, an informative response - now i know a bit more.

Thank you the remainder for your fantasies and political directives.
It does seem a shame that sad and cowardly people wish to crouch over their annonymous key boards and say things that they would hesitate to say face to face. It's a downside of the web that it seems to attract moral cretins.
Notice that they tend to hunt in packs just like the bullies in the school yards that they seem so obsessed with trying to recreate in their posts.
I am so sorry that you feel that way.

Lighten up Tom .. tis all tongue in cheek ... and not serious at all, surely you can see that ? It is the process of seeing who 'bites' .... is all ! And we all do so at one stage or another just like any bantering group !!
If not used to searching for info' look here :- http://www.wrx.zen.co.uk/searchuk.htm
There's a host of search engines, all accessible from a single page, with the addition of 'UK press on line' and other directories at the foot of that page.

P

securespark said:
Tell you what, tom.

YOU tell US what you think the parts in the picture are, and we'll tell you whether you're right or not.

Tis a better way to learn.

What's wrong with that, tom?

Or are you afraid you will make a mistake? Couldn't have that, now could we?

You seem to have turned now that we are not rolling over and answering all your questions....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back