cooking whole trout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive bought some whole but gutted trout frozen.
should I cook them straight from frozen or defrost them first?
should i bake them fully wrapped in foil or grill them for best results?
Ideas please

Sponsored Links
defrost first..

herbs & a bit of lemon inside and out. then grill slowly..

how long to grill for approx?
they are about ten inches long and quite plump.

Should I put them on rack or on flat tray?
in the past they have stuck on both.

I would defrost them first, then place two tablespoons of real butter, a sprig of dill and a few whole black peppercorns inside, tie with string, and grill on both sides till the butter runs out (telling you when the fish are done) Good eating.

Sponsored Links
grill them on top of foil..saves them sticking

we love fish, I just struggle cooking it for the right time.thanks

Fish is very pourus, and cooks very fast, about 3 minutes per inch. If it flakes with a fork...its done

Just put it in the microwave for a few mins untill it splats the inners of your microwave, :LOL:

PS cod done in the microwave is mighty fine, ;)

dig a hole on the beach, fill its with branches and any drift wood you can find, when it is burning well add some rocks, and when the fire has turned to hot ashes wrap the fish in Banana leaves and place on top of the hot rocks, cover with seaweed and sand and , go home, go back a few days later and eat the yummy fish. :D

better still defost fill with prawns and butter and lemon (not juice) and a bit of salt wrap in tin foul and stick in gas oven mark 7 for 40 mins

B.O.B DOLE said:
better still defost fill with prawns and butter and lemon (not juice) and a bit of salt wrap in tin foul and stick in gas oven mark 7 for 40 mins
thats how you make shiphams bloater paste :LOL:

My spelling is getting worse, program :oops: ( must stop drinking ) :LOL:

Rich i take it you've never see the american series lost, ?

Richardp said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
thats how you make shiphams bloater paste :LOL:

this dish is normally taken with a good vintage bottle of wine sat with the bosses misses while he is at work and you are poking the fire.

Sponsored Links
Back