Another vicious dog - another dead child

Not that it will do any good.
Correct, dog owners are too stupid.

If he feels that strongly about it then why doesn't he contact his mp or petition government instead of wasting his time on here?
My strength of feeling only extends to the GD audience I'm afraid. Don't you enjoy wasting time on here Roger? Great name by the way.(y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
We don't know all the facts in this case so I'm not prejudging but in the majority of recently reported cases there have been "people " issues where the dog owner / person in charge of the child has had drink/drug issues or other problems.

there have been "people " issues where the dog owner / person in charge of the child has had drink/drug issues or other problems.
Can you imagine a drunk, stoned dog owner with small children in the house.:eek:

The sober ones are stupid enough.

I understand perfectly.
Nosealls' take: A dog should not be in the same house as a baby.

Blightys' take: A dog is fine in a house with a baby as long as the two are kept apart.

Or am I reading it wrong.
I know you so love to be correct, but you're really just looking to point score something that's simply not there.

Kids are kids, dogs are dogs, which is why nobody should leave em alone with each other - until the child is mature enough to understand an animal and the dog very well trained.
Now unless I am very much mistaken, a baby is not capable of being mature enough to understand an animal. No.. that comes with age. In my mind, no babies or toddlers should be left alone with dogs in an ideal world. The circumstances in which this may happen is irrelevant because the sentence above should cover all eventualities. I should not have to explain that this also includes living with a dog as to keep them apart 100% of the time would be impossible.

You're also ignoring this;
Yes, I do agree.
You asked me if I agreed with you - I said yes. So why today still nitpicking?

I agree with the animal charities in their rules of not allowing a rescue dog into a home where there is a kid younger than 5 which is why I wrote about it. If there is a time when a baby or toddler is with a dog, such as visiting grandparents or friends with dogs, they shouldn't be left unsupervised in an ideal world.
I also am absolutely convinced that training dogs in a positive manner, or training them at all is very important with respect to keeping these types of incidents to a minimum. If you train a dog in a kind, positive manner (not hitting, shouting etc) a dog is calm, positive, and is more trustworthy of us humans and us of the dog. No dog is 100% trustworthy but positive training certainly ups the odds. Dogs are pack animals, they actually want to please, they are not all evil killers as you seem to think and luckily these kind of incidents are very rare, esp when you consider how many dogs there are in the UK.

Oh, I think this should make your morning 'boyo'.

:)

Sponsored Links
Back