Halal slaughter: Outcry after undercover film exposes brutal

What did you think about the other nine stories?

"Bowood Lamb is the 10th slaughterhouse in which we have filmed undercover since January 2009"

Did you give a toss?

Sponsored Links
Enough people must give a toss, otherwise the newspaper wouldn't have bothered printing the story (nor other media outlets also reporting it).
I guess you don't do irony, Brigadier.
Noseall was suggesting that the majority of newspaper readers are naive and gullible, I assumed.
As long as they don't think about where their meat came from, they don't give a toss.

That's what happens when you assume, RH - I was commenting on the story, not on Noseall's post. Which you wrongly assumed to be the case.
You weren't aware that it was reported in other media outlets. I guess you didn't look into it too carefully then.

Sponsored Links
I am sure that the slaughter of apple sauce and Yorkshire puds is painless. :rolleyes:
If you think the UK meat market is without pain and suffering toward the animals then you are a blinkered townie.

You watch too much tele. Babe was just a movie. They don't really ask animals to obey rather, the animals are 'encouraged'.

Without entering into the inevitable arguments on here, I'd like to state my opinion.

All animals should be stunned before slaughter. I hear that most halal practices do this, but that most kosher practices do not. They should ALL be made to comply, with severe penalties if they fail to do so. We used to be a civilised country. Unfortunately, both muslims and jews seem to be dragging us into the third world.

All meat sold in this country should be labelled to show whether or not it has been obtained through halal or kosher practices, even if pre-stunned. Some people would prefer not to use it and they should be offered the choice. If vendors refuse to disclose this information, it suggests that they have something to hide.

I should add that I rarely eat meat and, when I do, it is usually some form of sea food. Not lobsters, though. For one thing, I abhor the practice of throwing them alive into boiling water; and for another, they are so bloody fiddly to eat!

Without entering into the inevitable arguments on here, I'd like to state my opinion.
Good for you JBR, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I would especially disagree with one of your opinions, however............

I find lobster very easy to eat, and succulent, whereas crabs are a bit fiddly, but as succulent.

You weren't aware that it was reported in other media outlets. I guess you didn't look into it too carefully then.

How on earth did you come to that (incorrect) conclusion, based on what I had written?
It must have been the ambiguity of your comment, and me reading the negativity in there:
Enough people must give a toss, otherwise the newspaper wouldn't have bothered printing the story (nor other media outlets also reporting it).
It was your mistake, it couldn't have been mine! ;)

But I am glad to see that you are now being ambiguous,rather than the one-sided comments that you used to portray. ;)

How on earth did you come to that (incorrect) conclusion, based on what I had written?
It must have been the ambiguity of your comment, and me reading the negativity in there:

But I am glad to see that you are now being ambiguous,rather than the one-sided comments that you used to portray. ;)

Nah - you're just looking for things that just aren't there; a habit that you just can't shake ;)

Nah - you're just looking for things that just aren't there; a habit that you just can't shake ;)
I'm sure you'd agree, Brigadier, that with some posters, not yourself included I should add, but with some, one is forced to look for things that aren't there, but should be. ;)

But there are more than enough looking for an excuse to attack the religious group they hate..

They don't exactly go out of their way to be liked or even intergrate, do they? I can't think of any other religion in The UK that goes out of it's way to court opprobrium.

Entertainingly, some, such as Norcon, criticise Muslim ritual slaughter of stunned animals, but have no criticism whatsoever of Jewish ritual slaughter of unstunned animals.

As has already been discussed on other threads, kosher is not being forced on the public by stealth. That's the big difference. Also, with the rise of the ROP, the number of kosher consumers in UK and EU is decreasing all the time.

I am sure that the slaughter of apple sauce and Yorkshire puds is painless. :rolleyes:
If you think the UK meat market is without pain and suffering toward the animals then you are a blinkered townie.

You watch too much tele. Babe was just a movie. They don't really ask animals to obey rather, the animals are 'encouraged'.

You must be the townie, apple sauce and Yorkshire puds feel no pain at all. :LOL:

Edit: just in case for Nose, Yorkshire puds and apple sauce are not animals. :LOL:

They don't exactly go out of their way to be liked or even intergrate, do they? I can't think of any other religion in The UK that goes out of it's way to court opprobrium.

You're quite correct, of course. This is especially apparent in areas and cities where they have all but taken over (Bradford, Birmingham, etc.), where all the women look like black pillar boxes and all the men walk around sporting nightshirts. That says a lot. At least it says to me, "This is now my country and I'll show it by wearing what I would have been wearing in the country of my antecedents".

Apart from the occasional traditional headgear, such as turbans, other cultures dress pretty much in British clothing.

To be fair, I do see and know some muslims who have made some effort to integrate and have eschewed the garb which others insist is a religious requirement.

You're quite correct, of course. This is especially apparent in areas and cities where they have all but taken over (Bradford, Birmingham, etc.), where all the women look like black pillar boxes and all the men walk around sporting nightshirts. That says a lot. At least it says to me, "This is now my country and I'll show it by wearing what I would have been wearing in the country of my antecedents".

Yes, nothing deomonstrates this more than the scenes that go on around some mosques such as Finsbury Park. They take over and block public thoroughfares so they can get their arzes in the air for a bit of snackbar worship. This is arrogance of the highest order to think that others have to give way to their primitive habits and inconvenience themselves.

No other group would be allowed to do this by the police here, and I would like to see Christians trying to block off roads for worship in muzzie countries. This is how they dominate with their arrogance that guarantees animosity against them.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back