Halal slaughter: Outcry after undercover film exposes brutal

Sponsored Links
Wow, nosey. You didn't look in the mirror when you wrote that (obviously) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Anyway, it's the mint plants I feel sorry for.... Ripped up by their roots whilst still young. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
I think it was JBR ( correct me if I'm wrong) who has pointed out that people who eat meat should just wake up to the fact that animals are killed to provide it.

I eat meat and have no problem killing an animal to provide that but would prefer that it is all done as quickly as possible with minimum of suffering.

If you shop for the cheapest meat, you are probably doing the more conscientious supplier out of a living.

People are more and more divorced from the reality of their food, even to the extent of not knowing what vegetables look like before they get to the shelf.

Lettuce and spring onions brought in from Mexico , lamb from NZ.

Won't ever happen but would be good to get back to seasonal home produced food!

Yes, but you are aware of the process. some people seem to think it grows in cling film covered packages.

You just made that up, or is that what you used to think :rolleyes:

Have read an article where children think tomatoes, spaghetti and potatoes grow on trees, milk comes from the supermarket, pasta is made from meat but in 65 years have never heard anyone say meat grows under cling-film.

Could not make up my mind about you, thought you had to be either stupid or very stupid, you just confirmed the latter. Nothing like putting it in writing. :rolleyes:

Yes, but you are aware of the process. some people seem to think it grows in cling film covered packages.

You just made that up, or is that what you used to think :rolleyes:

Have read an article where children think tomatoes, spaghetti and potatoes grow on trees, milk comes from the supermarket, pasta is made from meat but in 65 years have never heard anyone say meat grows under cling-film.

Could not make up my mind about you, thought you had to be either stupid or very stupid, you just confirmed the latter. Nothing like putting it in writing. :rolleyes:

You can actually 'grow' meat now, as it happens .But by all accounts it doesn't taste so good.

I grew up on a farm, so under no illusions about meat!

My point was that , increasingly, people are not aware of how the meat gets on the shelf or do not consider it...my remark 'people seem to think' reads differently to me than a literal 'people think'

Maybe I just credited the denizens of GD with a little more discernment when it comes to reading...

that might make me even more stupid than you thought😀

Yes. Brother does some farming subsidised by his farm construction business. Not enough land to be full time. He rents 35 acres on top of his own 30 acres.

Sponsored Links
Back