£18,000,000 a day almost and dome idiots in here thinks that's ok !!!

Sponsored Links
Bargain compared to what we're losing off the economy as a result of leaving. In fact, it's a bargain anyway - about 27p per day each, for which there were loads of benefits we're now going to throw away without even having a plan for what to do next. The financial argument for leaving never did stack up, as is now being proven

Sponsored Links
The financial argument for leaving never did stack up

Did many people actually rate the financial side that important?

Remainiacs seem to have as all they ever do is cry about the state of the economy and how economic Armageddon is approaching from north, south, east and west.

Did many people actually rate the financial side that important?

Unfortunately they didn't, probably because they didn't understand how it would affect them, but it's going to hurt all of us and hit the poorest hardest. The topic of this discussion was the financial aspect, which is why I continued to talk about it

The claims being made about the pound need to be taken with a pinch of salt I reckon.

The claims being made about the pound need to be taken with a pinch of salt I reckon.
Why do they need to be taken with a pinch of salt? It's a clear fact that the pound is now worth considerably less than it was before the vote, all you need to do is look at the markets, no salt required...unless you're aware of a way of buying the same number of euros for a pound now that you could before June??

It's a clear fact that the pound is now worth considerably less than it was before the vote

That's because we had an irresponsible government that made no plans for the brexit. Which should have been implemented the day the referendum was called.

I mean, did they actually think we were going to remain part of the EU forever and live happily ever after?
Idiots.

Why do they need to be taken with a pinch of salt? It's a clear fact that the pound is now worth considerably less than it was before the vote, all you need to do is look at the markets, no salt required...unless you're aware of a way of buying the same number of euros for a pound now that you could before June??
What do you mean 'worsened'? An expensive pound gives us buying power, a cheap pound gives us selling power. Why do you prefer one over the other?

all you need to do is look at the markets, no salt required...unless you're aware of a way of buying the same number of euros for a pound now that you could before June??
What does that have to do with the health of the economy? Do you used to pay your mortgage in euros? Do you feed your kids euros? Do you measure your net worth in euros instead of pounds? Have you ever given the exchange rate a second thought at any point in your life except when you go on hoiday?

Last edited:
You've not noticed the pound crashing through the floor then?
You've not noticed the pound crashing through the floor for the last two years before the referendum, then? The vote simply brought forward the exchange rate we would have hit in early 2017. BUT the value has stabilised, which it showed no signs of doing without the referendum so, if anything, the vote has stopped the bleeding.

I've never understood why the following seems to be the case:

Weak dollar - bad for America.
Weak pound - bad for Britain.
Strong dollar - good for America.
Strong pound - bad for Britain.

It's much simpler than that.

Stable currency = good for trade

Unstable currency = bad for trade.

A falling currency is an indicator of problems.

Sponsored Links
Back