£18,000,000 a day almost and dome idiots in here thinks that's ok !!!

Sponsored Links
That's because we had an irresponsible government that made no plans for the brexit. Which should have been implemented the day the referendum was called.

I mean, did they actually think we were going to remain part of the EU forever and live happily ever after?
Idiots.
It wasn't up to the government to come up with a plan for Brexit - their plan was to remain a part of the EU. It was up to the Leavers to come up with a plan, and they clearly didn't have one.

What do you mean 'worsened'? An expensive pound gives us buying power, a cheap pound gives us selling power. Why do you prefer one over the other?
Selling power would be great, if we had things to sell, but as Brexiters have been so keen to point out up to now, we're a net importer

What does that have to do with the health of the economy? Do you used to pay your mortgage in euros? Do you feed your kids euros? Do you measure your net worth in euros instead of pounds? Have you ever given the exchange rate a second thought at any point in your life except when you go on hoiday?

Oil is bought in dollars, so the cost of fuel for your car and gas/oil for your home will rise. National debt is also traded in dollars, so the country's debt levels are increasing as a result of the weakening pound. Anything imported from Europe or America is now more expensive (boiler manufacturers, for example, have increased prices by as much as 15% in reaction to the changing exchange rate).

You've not noticed the pound crashing through the floor for the last two years before the referendum, then?
Err, no, I haven't, mostly because it was at an eight year high seven months before the referendum, and started to lose value once the Brexit campaign commenced. You will no doubt claim this is just a mysterious and unfortunate coincidence...

Sponsored Links
Buy from from China they want dollars. Buy from Europe they want euros. Never been asked to pay in £s.
But if you have pounds, and want to pay in dollars or euros, you need to exchange them, and if you get fewer dollars/euros for your pound, you can buy less of what you wanted for the same number of pounds. It's perfectly simple maths

come on Muggles join with us , your country needs you to get on board :)

We may all end up on bread & dripping but hey ho we can have a laugh on the journey into poverty (?)

Lets face it Europe is full of dead beats & no hopers now
:LOL:

Selling power would be great, if we had things to sell, but as Brexiters have been so keen to point out up to now, we're a net importer
We were a net importer because the pound was strong, but it's not as if Moses was handed a stone tablet that said it is supposed to be that way until Doomsday. With a cheaper pound we are likely to start exporting more. There's no reason why 'buying' is better than 'selling'.
It's the same fallacious argument that goes something like "we need the EU because so many NHS employees are EU workers!". Well yes, obviously there are lots of EU workers, precisely because we've had open borders with the EU for 40 years. If we'd had open borders with Brazil instead then there would be lots of Brazilian workers here. And so on. There's no commandment that says its supposed to be one way and not the other.

It was up to the Leavers to come up with a plan, and they clearly didn't have one.
No it wasn't, it was a referendum, not a party election campaign. It was Cameron's job to come up with a plan; he didn't, and he was a remainer. Besides, no partcular plan is required as such, even now, since the default position is simply to leave the EU and revert to WTO rules.

it was at an eight year high seven months before the referendum
Check your facts
xzx.jpg

It's a leap into the unknown, hopefully we will be rewarded with a better quality of life, my point being it's not all about money. I was not going to be a quitter and stay in the EU which is why I voted to leave.

That's the spirit ;)

:)

It's a leap into the unknown, hopefully we will be rewarded with a better quality of life, my point being it's not all about money. I was not going to be a quitter and stay in the EU which is why I voted to leave.
I fail to see how a worse economy, and handing unfettered power to the Tories to take away our human rights, is going to get us a better quality of life.

A better sentence for you would have been "I was a quitter and didn't want have influence in the EU which is why I voted to quit"

We were a net importer because the pound was strong, but it's not as if Moses was handed a stone tablet that said it is supposed to be that way until Doomsday. With a cheaper pound we are likely to start exporting more. There's no reason why 'buying' is better than 'selling'.
One of the big arguments for why we'd do OK outside the EU was that they need us to buy their stuff. Funny how, now that we're finding their stuff rather expensive to buy, it's suddenly not important any more

It's the same fallacious argument that goes something like "we need the EU because so many NHS employees are EU workers!". Well yes, obviously there are lots of EU workers, precisely because we've had open borders with the EU for 40 years. If we'd had open borders with Brazil instead then there would be lots of Brazilian workers here. And so on. There's no commandment that says its supposed to be one way and not the other.

Equally, there's no commandment saying that it's all one-way. A couple of million Brits have chosen to go and work in the EU, because it suits them to do so. Being able to draw from a wide range of skills from a variety of countries is to the benefit of everyone

No it wasn't, it was a referendum, not a party election campaign. It was Cameron's job to come up with a plan; he didn't, and he was a remainer. Besides, no partcular plan is required as such, even now, since the default position is simply to leave the EU and revert to WTO rules.

It wasn't his job at all, precisely because he was a remainer. Those in Government who wanted to leave should have come up with a plan, and now they're in the new Cabinet it's clear that they didnt' have one. In fact, judging by Boris's reaction to the result and subsequent disapperance from the media spotlight, it's reasonably clear that he didn't ever expect to win.

You clearly have no idea how much of a disaster reverting to WTO rules would be. It's the worst possible outcome

Check your graph - I was talking about £ vs Euro, and you've posted £ vs $

Sponsored Links
Back