£300 shock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I seen my first car to be clamped for not having a valid car tax disc and being left on the road.

There was a bright yellow sticker displayed on the front and back of the vehicle stating that the car was untaxed. Obviously to act as a deterrent. :(

I always thought this was just propaganda and they didn't really clamp cars. It will cost the owner a years tax and probably £100 + to get his car back.

Anyone feel sorry for them? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No tax quite often indicates other offences such as no insurance, no MOT or the driver doesn't have a license to drive so good riddance to them!
If I have to pay it then they should too.

I saw an untaxed car get clamped once. It was parked just off the main road near some local allotments. I'd actually seen someone park it there a few weeks earlier but here's the odd bit: Two cars had arrived and both drivers left in the other car. :confused:

Looking back, it was obvious that they weren't just parking it; they were dumping it! :mad: I wish I'd got the number of the other car now. :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
There was a car for sale parked on the road outside the local ford garage recently.

It had the no tax stickers and a clamp on it.

They have no excuse as traders who deal with un-taxed vehicles on the highway should have trade plates.

If I knew all of the circumstances I might give an answer.

I think the usual circumstance is "I spent all my money buying the car/fags/booze/SkyTV and couldn't afford it!" :LOL:

People generally afford what they want to. My car costs me about £800 a year to insure, £200 a year to tax and averages about £500 a year in maintenance. I can afford that, yet I can't afford to buy a big HD telly that costs less than one set of tyres and will last a damn-site longer! At the moment, I prefer to have a smart set of wheels and an old telly rather than a new telly and a nasty set of wheels.

Of course, I'd rather have the car AND a big HD telly. :)

Sponsored Links
Back