£orgi - lost bid to Capita for new gas safety scheme

do they even have to change the logo and the name "corgi"

Could they simply be the business behind the corgi brand

Sponsored Links
do they even have to change the logo and the name "corgi"

Could they simply be the business behind the corgi brand

No CORGI claim ownership of the corgi brand due to there other enterprises.
They woudn't give up the logo or name.

If you read the statement they will be creating a new brand and would be advertised heavly they want a " to be unprompted response by Sep 09" Which i assume to mean you ask job public and they will say "should be XXXX" rather than corgi registered.

As for not bothering to update its a petty as i haven't long re-orded but hey we live and learn. But i would rather have upto date stationary etc because as soon as april 2009 we would be using the corgi logo without permission and i don't trust £orgi to not go around kicking up a fuss about there logo.

Plus if its ready before it becomes law, it is one more thing not to worry about as its the same time as our Registration our accounts, paye etc so i would rather just get it out of the way and on the shelf ready to roll.

Sponsored Links
we're all doomed :cry:
http://davespartblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/why-it-gets-called-crapita_21.html[/QUOTE]

My understanding of the new deal is although its a five year deal, the HSE have retained more power with the new sceme.

Retaining:
1. Say over how things are run
2. Retaining ownership of the new brand and logos etc
3. I also beleive they have the ability to remove CAPITA early if they fail to do as they say, this is only an opinion
4. They have also stopped the ever expanding cash cow that CORGI turned the registration scheme into, i.e resticting other commercial tangents around the industry.

So with a bit of luck we may be OK the only way to find out is when the deal is finished the final agreement is made the new consitution/rules are released and hopeing the HSE stick to the plan to keep a better control of the scheme after al its about Gas Saftey not Pocket Lining.

As far as i was aware and this came from corgi guy. The name Corgi and the badge belongs to the government corgi as we know them only own the corgi-trust name and business.
So whoever wins the contract in future years will use the name corgi in regards gas safety as it has taken so many years to instill this into the general public, which is the common sense approx.
All that will happen is majority of corgi employees will just transfer over every 5 years to whoever wins contract

WHO honestly thinks it will make the slightest bit of difference to us and why

Same staff, same old,same old!

Not a great fan of CORGI

However everything Crapita touch turns into a disaster, they have cost this country hundreds of millions in a succession of government contract disasters.

And yet always seem to walk straight into new ones!

Friends in high places it would seem!

I was at a Corgi event last week and the Corgi guys there seemed pretty sure they would win the bid however the head guy did confirm that the Corgi logo would remain with whoever won the bid.

Guy said that it was important to keep the logo because it has taken seventeen years to get to where we are now in relation to public awareness re gas safety etc.

I was at a Corgi event last week and the Corgi guys there seemed pretty sure they would win the bid however the head guy did confirm that the Corgi logo would remain with whoever won the bid.

Guy said that it was important to keep the logo because it has taken seventeen years to get to where we are now in relation to public awareness re gas safety etc.

So why did they change it from...
corgi%20logo.bmp
to...
Corgi-logo.jpg

Just how anyone here thinks that they are going to be any better off is beyond me, I think that they are living in fairy land. It would appear that Capita serve only one purpose, and that it to make money and as much as they can... Do as little as possible for as much as possible.

RGIs wont benefit, Customers wont benefit or be any safer and the CORGI name (Yeah we all love to slate it but be fair it has been good for RGIs and customers) will be devalued.

It's gonna be like asking your dog to guard a pork chop

CORGI may not have been perfect, but I fear that we will all have something to moan about shortly :cry:

orange corgi symbolises the gas part. and the blue one represents the corgi company on a whole.

Capita are best known for starting up, and then losing, the London congestion charging commission.

What do Capita bring to the great gas party?

Gas expertise? No.

They bring expertise in taking money from the public and giving it to their masters. The motivation behind this, and Corgi before it, is money. Gas safety is a minor factor.

We're all being shafted.

Jeez,

Good luck to all you CORGIs if Capita have got the new contract.....
What makes you say that Belboz?

Previous experience of Capita............
Would you like to expand on that?

I can only speak as I find and Capita did have the contract for my wages and pensions department [which they no longer have]

There were numerous problems with them right across the board.

Maybe they've improved since then? :rolleyes:

Thanks Belboz. I was just interested that's all. From the majority of the posts here it looks like most people agree with you. Same old same old then.

This has just been on radio 4, first I have heard of it.

I thought that requiring a "corgi" person was enshrined in law?

Where will this leave all us consumers?
Will we now NOT be able to use a registered Corgi gas engineer after April?

Methinks there is going to be a lot of confusion about that time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back