£orgi - lost bid to Capita for new gas safety scheme

Sponsored Links
Beat me to it :) just going to Post in CC, Now got to wait for all stationary to be reprinted etc due to the change :(

having_a_gas beat us both to it Stingray!

I know most on here won't give a **** but I was wondering what happens to Corgi now then and will this ruffle a few feathers in BG now their 'buddies' won't be watching over them?

Jeez,

Good luck to all you CORGIs if Capita have got the new contract.....

Sponsored Links
Corgi will remain but have no future say on the gas industry.

They have there other items and there other schemes but there power has gone,

I must admit looking at the press release a few things jump out for the good, but we will have to wait and see, i was in the better the devil you know field before this, but this is corgis own doing by not releasing the corgi logo to HSE.

Good Points:

1. Promoting Fairness within the industry
2. I like the fact the HSE will ultimatly control both the brand and the control which means if captia or anyone in future jumps out of line they can pull them back in.
3. I like the fact it will have to be ring fenced, should put a stop to the cash cow corgi business model.
4. I HOPE we ge rid of the new ACS for everything model
5. Lower Registration Fees?

Bad Points:
1. Capita don't know them and i like change but what does it mean for the industry
2. I still get asked when the gas board are coming for the next 40 years i am going to get asked (Don't we need a CORGI to do gas work)
3. Stationary Reprinting, Tshirts, Van, Website, Business Cards the lot this will be a nightmare

Capita (Or crapita as Private eye like to call them) are up to there eyes in the gov private and public partnerships (PFI's) and are failing left right and center to deliver anything but are costing us Billions

As an rgi I am shyt scared for that bunch of inept money grabbing morons taking over gas safety

KEEP CORGI

never thought I would say that

:(

Their web site is very good.

As gas registration will be only a small part of their business perhaps they will provide an efficient service without getting into too much depth in some of the aspects we dont like?

The news was released at 0806 on Yahoo and their share price has fallen 6p to 695p. One might laugh and say that taking on CORGI's work is not seen as good for business!

The one year projection is for a share price of 754p so its not seen financially as a failing company.

I have to say I am not greatly bothered as yet and will just sit back and see what transpires.

Tony

from the sound of ARGI's news site
At 0700 hrs this morning the embargo was lifted allowing the announcement to be made that Capita have been declared the preferred bidder for the operation of the reorganised scheme for the registration of gas installers

http://argi-online.org.uk/sniffer/

ARGI had the inside Track[/quote]

One thing that should be considered, Maybe they could get the new logo and identity to all RGIs ASAP, this would allow us to all get stationary etc printed.

Well in advance this would help mitagate the cost of the changeover

It could be argued why bother changing stationary etc immediately. 'Joe Public' recognise the current logo and it will take a period of time before they know/trust a new one.

Their web site is very good.
Sorry Tony but I think its carp. Whoever designed it obviously thought it would be 'ever so clever' to use an Adobe Flash Player to present information. Flash has its benefits but taking a look at the 'About Us' page you have to wait for the bloody Player to load the date lines and headlines. zzzzz! I have a decent Broadband speed and a high end PC so its not my PC its the bloody load times on the Player Code. I'm not flaming interested in how creative your Web Designer is Capita :evil: Just give me the facts... What's wrong with good old fashioned text?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back