100k tests

Tests per million of population

But are you counting the number of tests performed?

The UK stopped reporting these at the end of April, enabling it to falsely claim a hundred thousand a day, by including tests that had not been performed, but had been put in the post or sent to the stores in regional centres.

You'll remember that the UK government originally promised to carry out 100,000, then 250,000, then 200,000 tests a day, but these pledges have since been watered down, with Downing Street stressing that the latest target set by the PM relates only to testing capacity and not to the number of tests actually carried out.

Since health secretary Matt Hancock announced that more than 122,000 tests had been carried out on the final day of April, the daily testing figure has frequently dropped below the 100,000 and is typically tens of thousands fewer than the “capacity” available.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that if Germany and France changed their reporting process, and started to include tests in warehouses or in the post as "performed," their figures could exceed ours.

But what would be the point?

If we'd wanted an honest government that told the truth, we wouldn't have elected Cummings.

Oooops.

We didn't.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that if Germany and France changed their reporting process, and started to include tests in warehouses or in the post as "performed," their figures could exceed ours.

Could or would?, or are you just making stuff up again?

Tests per million of population we stand at about 9th in the world, ahead of Germany and almost 3 times the rate of France.

And yet, compared to its population than other badly affected countries, like Italy and Spain, we have tested fewer.

Doubtless many of our workers are doing their best under very difficult circumstances.

I hope Boris doesn't try using the word "success" again.

What is the point of the UK government doing it?

To satisfy a self-imposed target by changing the method of counting because you've failed to meet the target you set in advance?

It won't make people less sick.

It won't improve the nation's faith in the government, or increase trust.

it won't even be kept secret so they get away with it.

Could or would?, or are you just making stuff up again?

Well that's an interesting point.

If a country that has actually carried out 82,000 tests reports the number as 120,000, shall we assume a 50% uplift?

This is not "news."

see data manipulation.

JohnD will be pleased. ONS has been critical of testing reporting. Just designed to make numbers look good and reported the same way. This isn't the first time.

I thought how are they going to take them. By post if not enough drive in or mobile? They need to do one in < 1 second for 100,000 a day if they run 24hrs a day. Needs a lot of drive in /mobile testing to achieve it.

I had heard a rumour that if a person had a swab taken from the nose and one from the mouth -that counted as 2 tests.

its sounding like the PPE again

Finger on the pulse, Boris?
Boris seems to have gone missing
Please can people check in their garden sheds, garages or outbuildings that you"ve not accidentally locked Boris in there

JohnD will be pleased.

I am not pleased that the number of tests carried out in the country is too low.

I am not pleased that the government is putting time and effort into concocting figures intended to deceive.

BorisFridge.jpg

They're now counting tests sent out in the post, not results that come back.

Sponsored Links
Back