100k tests

You're like a proper little ray of sunshine you are Galahad.

Daily

Pillar 1
Pillar 2 Pillar 4 Total
People tested 21,450 40,291 - 61,741
Tests 32,077 48,967 6,019 87,063

Pillar 2 breakdown of test types

In-person (tests processed)
Delivery (tests sent out) Total tests
Daily 15,292 33,675 48,967

61k people tested

Sponsored Links
I think they are expecting early results from Pillar 4 shortly.

Think they did 170k recently. I expected some postal ones at least for a while. It doesn't fit in with tracking combined with testing though.

Actually testing may turn out to not be included with phone tracking initially. Suppose it's feasible to not use it but the numbers isolating might rocket many with no need.

Also 0ver 5 can request a test - mmmmmmmm only one test centre has been specifically mentioned so far. On the news so they may be indicating current reality or having a dig.

Sponsored Links
@fillyboy

27th May

Daily 117,013 of which 68k are in the post.
We don't know how many people are being tested now going on for about 5 days. Looks like we are gearing up for the mother of all fudges.

Apparent Success.

Keep eating the s hit sandwiches boyo. (y)

We don't know how many people are being tested now going on for about 5 days. Looks like we are gearing up for the mother of all fudges
I thought Hancock and Johnson stated there would be 200k or 250k tests daily by the end of May.

I thought Hancock and Johnson stated there would be 200k or 250k tests daily by the end of May.

Boris set a target of 200k a week or so ago. He's been asked to not set any more targets but he set one earlier, test results in 24hrs. He mentioned that one particular lab was being a bit of a problem. Sounds like they will achieve that soon. Postal would need a return of post service to be set up. Delivery companies aren't taking any notice of delivery times at the moment. Not sure why but I know they aren't from stuff I have had delivered - even email delivery notifications mention it. My coffee bean supplier is having to send them special delivery to avoid them sitting around in the post for too long. Far too long in some cases.

Poor reporting on track and trace. Head of the contacts does get tested and others informed if positive. Those just isolate for 14 days. 11day incubation period so that makes sense, no point in early testing. If they get symptoms they can request a test anyway. They expect some initial hiccups as it's a new service set up from scratch. This is not the same as press reports of who knows when it will all work. No mention of when the phone app will be released. They have mentioned they want track and trace to handle 10k. Not sure how that is getting on. Suspect numbers of trackers should be able to but may need more if that doesn't work out.

The phone tracker can't work as well as Korea's. It's been reported that it will send messages saying you have been near a place where an infected person has been - ;) sort of make sure you wash carefully.

Or put useless, out-of-his-depth Bozza in his ditch?

He handled the select committee better than I expected. It's interesting to watch politicians playing as they try and catch each other out. But some tried the bombastic approach - spouting what is essentially propaganda, loads and loads of it maybe with a tiny question some where or the other. Barack room politics. Something labour seem to have been trying to avoid for some time - one longer standing labour mp tried of course. Starmer didn't. Hope he gave her a demerit.

Or put useless, out-of-his-depth Bozza in his ditch?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/28/government-target-of-200000-covid-19-tests-meaningless

Concerns included the failure, for the past five days, to release data on how many people have been tested, the reported double-counting of multiple swabs (nose and saliva) from the same individuals, and the inclusion of tests that have been mailed out to homes and satellite labs, but not returned, in the daily tally.

Sponsored Links
Back