13A Sockets with toggle/dolly switches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are these available from anyone these days? I must be exceptionally fussy but I much prefer the more positive feel of these to the standard rocker switches - I played with an old black MK surface-mount socket and the feel was just perfect!

It's easy to find toggle style light switches in a range of quality and prices... so why not sockets (other than alongside cooker outlets?)

Sponsored Links
Hi Ajma,

i have had a quick look and cannot find them either. TLC stock a good range of toggle switches but alas no sockets.

At a guess I would say they are only on switches as they are much more likely to be switched on and off regularly. And the shape of the toggle switch makes this easier to do. On a socket they would be a little bit pointless as it were, because most people tend to plug things in and not touch the switch.

I agree that they have a nice feel to them. Perhaps you are being a little fussy though (as you say!!)

I am a relatively inexperienced spark, but have have never seen toggle-switched sockets in any house I recall. Older/more knowledgeable sparks on here should be able to give you a more definitive answer.

Regards.

Well, thanks for the reply anyway - looks like I'm not going to find some.

I just find it strange that when there are such a huge range of sockets available, there appear to be none with a toggle style switch - I really can't think of any reason for it other than fashion.

I found a picture of the switch I was impressed with the action of (the black bakelite MK switched socket in the centre)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK-Bakeli...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I really don't want surface mount and I need a 2G otherwise I'd be tempted by one of those!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back