Are they a good idea ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Walking, Cycling etc.. are not natural first "choices" if you are fined if you choose your car.

As we know - failed schemes never get scrapped, they just do more of it, until there is so much money spent (and being made), it cannot be undone.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry I'm not following - I thought this wasn't about restricting people's freedoms.
It's a traffic management plan. I can't drive down my local High St because it has been pedestrianised. I can't (shouldn't) drive the wrong way up a one way street. It doesn't ruin my day.

With all the pinch points, humps, car free areas etc. People don't trust councils to get it right. No wonder people are against the idea. Fine for hippies who work from home in FinTech testing sw, not so good for a care working visiting bed ridden old people.

The shear brazen hypocrisy. Like you give a fig about underpaid care workers when you vote Tory. The brass neck.

if we ignore the fact that the company performing the research was also going to be involved and receive revenue from the scheme's investment (around £30M according to their job board) and we ignore the post pandemic impact on overall vehicle journeys, due to increased working from home (still down around 20%). You are left with a study thats sets out to model the success, on the basis that the scheme is successful in changing behaviours. It also says it cannot take account of the lasting effect of this positive only hypothesis assessment.

I don't need to be a data scientist to spot the waffle.

It basically says let's assume its successful, let's model what that success looks like. It's SimCity v1 at best.

But you seem convinced so there is no point discussing it further.

I'll leave you with this:

Assuming I chose the most direct route to drive from A to B. I now have to pick a different route due to the filter.

Am I A) going to be driving for longer and cover more miles or B) going to be driving for less time and less distance.

remember apparently I have the choice to drive or not.

If you have not been following what's been going on in Thetford where the councillors were going to implement this, then I suggest it would be of interest to see grass roots opposition in operation.
I would post some you tube videos but surprise surprise they won't allow them to be shared.

The list of exclusions includes care workers, Blue Badge users, HGVs and just about any subgroup of humanity who says "what about me". By the time that lot get freer use of the roads, the ordinary Joe or Jane is penalised for the hell of it.
I'll drive around in my Motability Diesel just so I can sneer at you normal people because I'm entitled.
Improving the climate - my bottom.
Virtue signalling.

What do you make of committing the scheme will go ahead, before the consultation and withholding key negative data until after it closed?

Sounds like the strategy is already moving ahead. Unlike traffic in the area.

Sponsored Links
Back