Pride in your city

hello AdamW :)

btw what city were you on about .. lol getting ****ed here ... sorry ... ;)

not a welsh /Loser 1 of course . ...teehee ; ) ;)

Sponsored Links
Heya!

Oh, I love London but I just don't see the point in naming somewhere "The city of <insert arbitrary noun>". Liverpool is UK city of culture, but will it really do anything for the inhabitants? Will Liverpudlians all take up acting and write novels? Probably not. It is possible that a few extra theatre productions will be scheduled and some people will head there to take in a show, but the effect is short lived!

And when the house-search woman said how Glasgow was the trendiest place to be in the UK, I couldn't help but wonder how she came to this conclusion! I've been to Glasgow briefly and "trendy" is not a word that entered my mind during that time.

BTW I went clubbing in Liverpool once and it was pretty good.

cities are full of pollution , rubbish and unfriendly people I lived in london for more than 25 years once i moved out into the countryside i realised how dirty the place really is and I have no compulsion to revisit there unless i have to.

Well I'll be jiggered ... That's it then wholesale population shifts from town to country now ..... Kendor don't be telling them, ffs keep it quiet otherwise we will be inundated... :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
empip said:
Well I'll be jiggered ... That's it then wholesale population shifts from town to country now ..... Kendor don't be telling them, ffs keep it quiet otherwise we will be inundated... :D :D :D
we got 70 people living here so its fairly nice to visit London once in a while just to see all them strangers :LOL:

empip said:
No let them choke on the smog ;)
Talking about that did you hear on the radio this morning about proposals for HGV's and the like being banned from central london I only heard it the once but i'm sure i heard that buses etc could also be included, now how will that work?

don't be cheeky ;)

we've got a couple of Bristolians. came here stealing our jobs and women, with their strange ways :LOL:

kendor said:
empip said:
No let them choke on the smog ;)
Talking about that did you hear on the radio this morning about proposals for HGV's and the like being banned from central london I only heard it the once but i'm sure i heard that buses etc could also be included, now how will that work?

I am so pleased about that, wonderful news .... pedestrianise the whole of the place then impose a walking or crowd tax ... implant everyone with sensors and fully monitor their movements.... city life can be full of strife.. :D :D :D :D

Richardp said:
don't be cheeky ;)

we've got a couple of Bristolians. came here stealing our jobs and women, with their strange ways :LOL:

Surprised at that, did they bring a car two to break into, just to keep their hand in so to speak??? :D :D

Well, I'm not so sure. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't stand to live and work in London, big cites not really my type of thing, however, I did enjoy living in Clifton and Cottham, although that was probably more down to the hedonistic lifestyle at the time ;)

Now though, I live in a 2 horse village, and that too has it's diadvantages. For instance you have to drive for ages to get anywhere, there are practically no local amenities, it's like living in a goldfish bowl, where everyone knows your business. It's also IMHO, not very scenic round here, a bit too flat which gives you that huge sky effect, of normally grey clouds!! Also from the gardening point of view, its very exposed, and blooming cold here as well. Next move to a small town I think.

The 'drive for ages' bit gets worse as the kids grow up ... permanent taxi service..
Just buying bus ticket for youngest ... £50 for 31 days city limits, Just 3.5 miles from city centre... 10 journey ticket £14.50 !! Roll on Sept'.

I guess this is the 'lead in' to congestion charging, which will need to be expensive to drive down car usage.
:D

You enjoyed Bristol then Ed.

If you don't know the geography, this won't make any sense....but it hasn't stopped me so far.....I've lived most of my life in Tennessee outside of the city of Nashville (country music USA). it has lots of hills and you get some weather of all the seasons, but very unpredictable. We drive everywhere. I just moved to my own home in the country after always living in an apartment ---first time to have a yard and since I love to garden, I think I will stay. People in general are very nice, but there are some areas which is true of everywhere, I spose to steer away from. :)

Sponsored Links
Back