18th edition draft now available for comment

Seriously, though - apart from amendments for new things, should not everything have been thought of by now?

Every day is a school day! I used to learn new stuff every day!

Plus, the regs are geared towards Euro stuff, so if things go tits up in their installations, our regs will be modified to take account of this.

Sponsored Links
Every day is a school day! I used to learn new stuff every day!
Yes, you did and I did.

Is that what you think is happening to those who make the rules?
Perhaps it is they who come here asking really basic questions.

Plus, the regs are geared towards Euro stuff, so if things go tits up in their installations, our regs will be modified to take account of this.
Not sure I understand.
Surely the only reason theirs would go tits up and ours wouldn't is because of our rules already being more stringent.

I haven't studied the new bits much but take this requirement for electrodes - it is because we now (or rather eventually - what happens in between?) have to protect consumers for the poor practice (economically driven) of the suppliers.
Will the cumulative cost, of fitting electrodes, to all consumers on a supply be more or less than the suppliers replacing their cables correctly?

It's just a way of keeping some manufacturing in the country....
I'm not sure really. I have come across several dicky TN-S supplies in my time.
One the DNO refused to repair and I ended up firing a rod in the ground.
As long as the rods aren't economically driven...
I shall get my outer garments...

What I meant by the Euro stuff was that over the years our regs have picked up more and more of their rules.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back