1st Day of Spring

I too lived in Leeds and, in LS6 (studentville), they used to kick the front door in in broad daylight, and burgle the place while the tenants were sat there :eek:
Near the Royal Park pub? I used to go in there while visiting friends at uni, some years back now. But yep, that's a proper crud area for being burgled.

We lived in Kirkstall (lS5) and my partner got burgled once while mowing the lawn - his then girlfriend was inside and the gits still went in - stole cash and keys. After that he put bars on all the doors and a bar to stop the garage door being opened.
While I was there, our neighbour got burgled twice in a year (after several other properties were done in the same month) The second time the burglar opened the door when the postie knocked and took the parcel from him. Bare faced cheek!

Sponsored Links
Not uncommon, was the burglar "parking one's breakfast"; in the case of my second - cousin's house, on the kitchen table:sick:

Sponsored Links
Not the greatest picture..

This is Frog or Toad spawn today.
Screenshot_20200301_214434_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200301_214434_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200301_214434_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 39
It's still winter!

Spring starts on the Spring equinox. Not 1st March!

So forget Make Britain great again, Make our seasons start in line with the astronomical calendar again!

I too lived in Leeds and, in LS6 (studentville), they used to kick the front door in in broad daylight, and burgle the place while the tenants were sat there :eek:

I do a few gas checks in ls6 , I have two sets of keys for each house, one for the steel bar security door and one for the front door, all the students (if they are out of bed)seem to like the same sweet smelling tobacco

Thank you Crystal I never knew that
Another Toad fact, they crawl , don't hop, I used to work with a wildlife nut who used to go bat spotting under bridges and delve into ponds, when the place closed he set up as a consultant and does very well surveying buildings for various species

Another Toad fact, they crawl , don't hop, I used to work with a wildlife nut who used to go bat spotting under bridges and delve into ponds, when the place closed he set up as a consultant and does very well surveying buildings for various species

Did you ever see the Cane toads.?

No only on the TV, travelled right up to Cairns on the (now defunct) Greyhound Australia but no toads, remember seeing fruit bats roosting above our tent and the bread going mouldy after a day, good times

No only on the TV, travelled right up to Cairns on the (now defunct) Greyhound Australia but no toads, remember seeing fruit bats roosting above our tent and the bread going mouldy after a day, good times

I see a flock of hundreds or thousand fruit bats flying over Wòodford Qld.... amazing sight but no camera.. Gutted

Cane toads were massive and fair game to everyone . I see a few young boys playing golf with them.... typicle Aussies.?invite them in then bash em over the head?

Sponsored Links
Back